What’s your dream playoff scenario?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Who behind them would they not beat?
It puts A&M in good position to get in pending next weeks results.
Florida and aTm getting in isn’t my point because neither are. aTm’s the only one with a shot but they need BOTH Ohio St and ISU to lose or Clemson to lose to do it. My issue is the committee is bowl packing with Florida.

the tie ins for the NY6 are this

Sugar: SEC vs Big XII
Rose: Big 10 vs PAC 12
Orange: ACC
Peach, Cotton, and Fiesta are all at larges

But on Sugar and Rose playoff years the Peach becomes the Sugar and the Cotton becomes the Rose.

So let’s just assume Alabama, tosu, Clemson, and Oklahoma win like we think.

Sugar: #1 Bama vs #4 ND
Rose: #2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio St
Peach: aTm vs Oklahoma
Cotton: USC/Oregon vs Indiana
Orange: UNC vs Florida
Fiesta: Georgia vs Cincinnati

I’m just wondering why Florida deserves a NY6 bowl...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I do find it criminal that Florida only dropped 1 spot.
I think they deliberately left the door open to move Florida way up if they win the SECCG.

They painted themselves into a corner with Ohio State. They are going to catch so much flask if they put in a 6-0 team, especially with USC having the same record and similar strength of schedule. Now the Big 10 outmaneuvered them and they're locked in on a dubious choice.

Reactions: The Ols

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think they deliberately left the door open to move Florida way up if they win the SECCG.

They painted themselves into a corner with Ohio State. They are going to catch so much flask if they put in a 6-0 team, especially with USC having the same record and similar strength of schedule. Now the Big 10 outmaneuvered them and they're locked in on a dubious choice.
I still think aTm is the only alternate for the SEC. But even so Iowa St is probably in a better position than all 3.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
if aggy got a chance this Saturday to play uga, that would be a huge point in their favor with a convincing win. But it’s not looking likely.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I still think aTm is the only alternate for the SEC. But even so Iowa St is probably in a better position than all 3.
The problem was A&M not playing kept them from having an excuse to move them up. So now they're going to play Tennessee and Ohio State is going to play Northwestern and then claim a tiebreaker (which is part of the criteria I've always hated). A 9-1 A&M was an easier sell I think.

When they first ranked Ohio State it was in the midst of the Fields Heisman hype and no one knew they'd end up with 3 cancelled games. If they had it to do over again they'd probably rethink putting a 4-0 team at #4. It was a ranking based more on future expectations than anything else.

Now, thinks seem pretty locked in actually. It would take a lot to shake things up very much.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Florida and aTm getting in isn’t my point because neither are. aTm’s the only one with a shot but they need BOTH Ohio St and ISU to lose or Clemson to lose to do it. My issue is the committee is bowl packing with Florida.

the tie ins for the NY6 are this

Sugar: SEC vs Big XII
Rose: Big 10 vs PAC 12
Orange: ACC
Peach, Cotton, and Fiesta are all at larges

But on Sugar and Rose playoff years the Peach becomes the Sugar and the Cotton becomes the Rose.

So let’s just assume Alabama, tosu, Clemson, and Oklahoma win like we think.

Sugar: #1 Bama vs #4 ND
Rose: #2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio St
Peach: aTm vs Oklahoma
Cotton: USC/Oregon vs Indiana
Orange: UNC vs Florida
Fiesta: Georgia vs Cincinnati

I’m just wondering why Florida deserves a NY6 bowl...
They don't i don't think the bowls will take a three loss team. I think u could see Indiana, the bowls usually take highest rank team when no conference affiliation

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Georgia.
Georgia is a different team now. They have a QB and are putting points on the board. A rematch would be different between these two. I would have dropped them behind Georgia At this stage.
Maybe, but they are only 1 spot behind them.

Reactions: BamaDMD

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They don't i don't think the bowls will take a three loss team. I think u could see Indiana, the bowls usually take highest rank team when no conference affiliation
NY6 bowls are exclusively chosen by the committee based on the criteria of each bowl game. The only exception is the #1 team’s preference of the two semifinals.

If Clemson beats ND and Ohio St beats NW then you are going to have 3 clunker bowls. But instead of rewarding teams for a good season they are rewarding Florida for an okay season that they tried to sleep walk through.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It’s absolutely criminal but the committee has shown us that OSU is in, even with just a 6-0 record. They’re not going to have OSU at #4 consistently over the last several weeks and then DROP them when they win the B1G title game. Nevermind that they shouldn’t even be playing in the game anyway...

And before you say “But they dropped TCU and Baylor the last week of the 2014 season!”...Yes, they did, in favor of none other than OSU...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Not gonna lie, it would be to beat Ohio State and Clemson. In whatever fashion. Preferably the Tigers in the CG.

Reactions: bamacon

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The real question is this: IF Clemson beats Notre Dame, do the Irish drop out of the top 4? I should think so. In a way, this weekend is a quarterfinal or sorts.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The real question is this: IF Clemson beats Notre Dame, do the Irish drop out of the top 4? I should think so. In a way, this weekend is a quarterfinal or sorts.
If it’s like 66-7 I could absolutely see them getting booted. That said, the ND is legit, and it can keep ND in it for 60 minutes as long as ND can produce on offense and avoid turnovers.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think most likely we see this:

1. Bama vs. 4. ? (this is where it gets interesting)

2. Clemson vs 3. Ohio State

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
If that is true I’ve got to hope for a ND win (I’ll be pulling for them anyway) because knowing that 3 of the 4 spots are essentially locked up is BORING.
That’s pretty much every playoff...every year. The only spot that we ever speculate about is #4, because #1-3 are typically already locked up. Yet another reason we don’t need to expand the playoffs. We have a hard enough time finding 4 truly worthy teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.