NDNation's Alabama Preview Is Up

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Amazingly honest write-up. He must be their JessN.
I haven’t read his previews since, oh, January 2013, so I went back and looked at his two Clemson previews this year. Both times he had Clemson by a touchdown.

The general feeling on NDNation this week has been that a close game would be acceptable progress. Few if any of the long time posters there whose handles I recognize seem to feel that’s likely...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
He mentioned in his article that there is a simulcast on the ACC network that will pair the game with the ND radio broadcast. Will there be a similar broadcast on the SEC network? That would be fantastic!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think he under-estimates the loss of Dickerson. Says Owens plugged in seamlessly when Dickerson went down. But Dickerson's injury occurred late in the SECCG, after the final outcome wasn't in real doubt -- understanding it came down to us recovering an onside kick.

Owens has a history of being a good pass blocker, but not as good as Dickerson in the run game. Also, he hasn't called OL signals while a game that matters is still in doubt.

But he's a 5th year Senior, and we have almost two weeks to prepare him, so that helps a lot. Still, you don't replace Landon Dickerson's tangibles and intangibles (emotional leadership, in particular) in 13 days, and I'm not expecting a "seamless" transition. ND's veteran DL will try to confuse him with stunts and shifts, and I expect they will have some success doing so.

We're not going to go from the best OL in college football to an Auburn-esque OL because we lost Dickerson. But we're going to feel the loss.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.