Is This The Most Talented Offense Alabama Has Ever Put On The Field?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Win on Monday and this team will be compared with last year's LSU team forever. Which is better? Hard to say. Both have the same strengths, and no weaknesses.

Win Monday or you won't care.
This to me has to happen. All of the post season awards are great, but they probably won't mean as much if they don't perform and come out of this next game with a victory. I'm sure the guys will look back on their accomplishments with great pride, but they will never forget this last game.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
In terms of just talent, I don't see how any will be better than the 2018 team. D. Harris, Jacobs, Najee, Waddle, Ruggs, Smith, Jeudy, Tua, Irv Smith at just the skill positions is ridiculous. It's better than 2001 Miami, 04-05 USC or 2019 LSU in terms of talent. However, the 2020 offense is the best offense we've had.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In terms of just talent, I don't see how any will be better than the 2018 team. D. Harris, Jacobs, Najee, Waddle, Ruggs, Smith, Jeudy, Tua, Irv Smith at just the skill positions is ridiculous. It's better than 2001 Miami, 04-05 USC or 2019 LSU in terms of talent. However, the 2020 offense is the best offense we've had.
That talent was too raw. Last year's team was almost there - more talent at receiver, but the O-line and TE group were not there yet. This team is not as deep at receiver, but every position is fully developed and deep.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We can argue talent all day long since Bama has had number 1 recruiting classes what, 90% over the past 15 years? I think this year is a perfect storm of having that offensive talent and supremely talented coaches who have been together as a staff for a couple of years. Excellence and manpower from top to bottom gives you threads like this.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
We can argue talent all day long since Bama has had number 1 recruiting classes what, 90% over the past 15 years? I think this year is a perfect storm of having that offensive talent and supremely talented coaches who have been together as a staff for a couple of years. Excellence and manpower from top to bottom gives you threads like this.
100% agree. Same Offensive team with different coaches might look different. Everybody has done a whale of a job.

CollegeFootballMan

Suspended
Dec 30, 2020
As a unit, IMHO, yes. Been watching Alabama football since `58. From an across the board, talent perspective, I don`t think any others have come close.
Without hesitation as someone who has covered the team for a very long time, YES! There is no weakness at any position and great talent all around. You will remember this offense as the GLORY DAYS and high Tide of offenses for a while to come. I'm not saying it can't happen again.... All records are meant to be broken...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Win on Monday and this team will be compared with last year's LSU team forever. Which is better? Hard to say. Both have the same strengths, and no weaknesses.

Win Monday or you won't care.
Agreed. I think If Waddle is healthy all season this offense is better than LSU last year. Without him its more of a push and a pick your poison type of deal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.