Really thankful for the early signing period this year

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
There's no telling what would happen to our class with Sark going to Texas. The Brockermeyer's and other recruits might have committed to Texas instead. Especially those in Texas.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
There's no telling what would happen to our class with Sark going to Texas. The Brockermeyer's and other recruits might have committed to Texas instead. Especially those in Texas.
It could have had an effect but considering we recruited most of the Texas signees for a couple of years and Sark is not the primary recruiter for Texas I think it would have had little to no effect. We lose coordinators almost annually and we have #1 classes almost annually.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It wouldn't keep them from entering the transfer Portal anyways. :cool:

I wonder if you have to report to Campus before entering the Transfer Portal...? :unsure:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hopefully you sign with the school, and not the recruiter...Banks is great, no question...but CNS is the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion!!!
Saban has an agreement with coaches in this position - you can't touch this class' recruits. Reason - you spent Alabama's time and money developing those relationships.

So far no one has broken that - I don't think that even Smart did it.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Saban has an agreement with coaches in this position - you can't touch this class' recruits. Reason - you spent Alabama's time and money developing those relationships.

Great post! I hadn't heard that articulated before, but makes total sense! :cool:

About Smart, I'm not so sure about that... :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That trash heap in Austin will take time to rebuild. Don't think recruits are flocking to the Texas football team because of Sark.
Proven winner = Alabama
Texas = terminal booster struggle syndrome

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Texas isn't Bama and Sark isn't Saban.

We can't get them all, but Alabama is the team to go to right now and Texas isn't even beating Texas A&M in recruiting lately.

Lets see what Sark can do.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Do you think they wanted to play for Sark or Coach? If that’s your opinion , I see you will probably lose some sleep over the next few years as coach after coach leaves the program for better opportunities

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I think Pruitt did though, a couple I believe. I think Sarkisian has more integrity than that, assuming I'm right about JP. In fact, Pruitt took one with him from Bama to FSU, Walker who turned into a big-time player for them. Kirby took a DB transfer to UGA who started the next year at UGA. There was great bluster about it, some from CNS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.