2020 coaching carousel

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Man if you want to get ahead and have more opportunities in the coaching world just coach for Saban a year or two and it will happen for you.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
Man if you want to get ahead and have more opportunities in the coaching world just coach for Saban a year or two and it will happen for you.
This is one of the reasons I dont understand the hand wringing because coaches are leaving. This year's staff was amazing but they won one of the six championships...There are very good coaches that want to have spending time with Coach Saban on their resume. This years recruiting class for all intent and purpose is signed. There are two/three still possible but even if they dont sign its still the best class in the country. That gives the new staff several months to recruit the next one.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This is one of the reasons I dont understand the hand wringing because coaches are leaving. This year's staff was amazing but they won one of the six championships...There are very good coaches that want to have spending time with Coach Saban on their resume. This years recruiting class for all intent and purpose is signed. There are two/three still possible but even if they dont sign its still the best class in the country. That gives the new staff several months to recruit the next one.
I also don't think Coach minds too much. He can get young, up and coming, hungry coaches who have something to prove. Older coaches are known commodities so some of them may not want to go through the grind in Tuscaloosa. These young coaches need a good recommendation for their resume and if they can impress the best coach out there, they are set for at least the "next" job.

Reactions: bamafan1966

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
I also don't think Coach minds too much. He can get young, up and coming, hungry coaches who have something to prove. Older coaches are known commodities so some of them may not want to go through the grind in Tuscaloosa. These young coaches need a good recommendation for their resume and if they can impress the best coach out there, they are set for at least the "next" job.
A head coaches' job is to coach the coaches as much or more than anything else...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I am not sure if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone think it is weird that Shane Beamer hired 3 coaches just recently at South Carolina, and now all 3 have been hired by Auburn? I think Auburn is putting together a decent staff with recruiting ties to the south, since Harsin probably does not have many. I wonder how much Auburn had to pay for these coaches to switch teams so quickly? I bet Beamer is not too happy either.
That's exactly what this is. It takes a little while to build a rapport and relationship with coaches and recruits when coming into unfamiliar territory, so he's focusing on that early. In that regard Bobo, Mason, Tracy Rocker are excellent hires, as is retaining Cadillac.

Pretty good example, 2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton loves Mike Bobo, so he promptly retracted his commitment to USCe and we're very much the favorite.

Now we just need some offensive linemen...

Reactions: Saban4Ever

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.