Question: Will South District of New York get Trump on anything?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I keep hearing over and over that after tomorrow SDNY will have free reign to take on Trump. But my question is if there will be anything they can actually get him for that will stick. And probably more importantly will they actually go through with going after him?

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
yep (at least for continuing to go after him). They are bound and determined to hound him for the next four years to insure that he doesn't run again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
they do

and they have him already on the same thing they sent Cohen to jail over
I can't see his ever going to prison. I'd think he'd kill himself first. I'm not sure he'd know how, but he did get sent off to military school, where they presumably taught him about muzzles and triggers. OTOH, I'm sure they made him march on his poor, bone spur-wracked feet...

• Haha
Reactions: Jon and UAH

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
letisha james is the new york state attorney general. there was talk that the new fulton county (ga) d.a. fani williams was looking into charging him for screwing with georgia's election.
I guess, to get out of Florida by land, he'll have to detour through Alabama. J/K - everyone knows he flies everywhere...

• Haha
Reactions: Jon and 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
That's correct, if it's SDNY and federal offenses. If New York state charges, then it's different...
Do you read that as an obligation without discretion as I do or would something else give the governor authority to defy this statute?

Quote:

941.02 Fugitives from justice; duty of Governor.—Subject to the provisions of this chapter, the provisions of the Constitution of the United States controlling, and any and all Acts of Congress enacted in pursuance thereof, it is the duty of the Governor of this state to have arrested and delivered up to the executive authority of any other state of the United States any person charged in that state with treason, felony, or other crime, who has fled from justice and is found in this state.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Trump hasn't fled from justice, he has merely moved to Florida before any charges have arisen. Ghoulianny could tie this up in court for a while.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was referring to state charges and was a bit of a joke. Although I wouldn’t put it past DeSantis to grant sanctuary.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I suspect the dream of him going to the iron hotel is probably a fantasy. Not because I think he’s innocent but he didn’t go to DC an honest guy and get corrupted; he was already sleaze. The man got to 74 years old without going to prison thus far and so until I see it, I won’t buy it.

I’m with Earle though; he can’t go to prison because deep down he’s weak. He could get the Felicity Huffman sentence and he’d probably ask a doctor to IV him with some death meds.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Imprisoning a former president would be a logistical nightmare for the prison. Would Secret Service have to tag along to see that he doesn’t get shanked in the yard?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.