BREAKING Fourteennessee's Pruitt FIRED (along with staff & Fulmer resigning). Wants back at Alabama

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Just found this:

"And the saddest part of everything that’s happened at Tennessee is that it was totally and completely predictable, as it tried to microwave the school’s glory years by bringing back Fulmer. That experiment ended on Monday in a cringy news conference where Tennessee’s suits awkwardly tried to salute Fulmer as they were shoving his undeserved administrative career in the trunk of a rental car. "

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Upon further reading of the above:

Pruitt’s attorney, Michael Lyons, issued a statement later Monday saying they’d pursue legal action after the decision if necessary.

“The timing of the University’s actions and decision appear to be preordained and more about financial convenience and expediency than a fair and complete factual determination by the University,” the statement read. “Moreover, it seems clear the recent leaks to the press are indicative of an interest to steer the narrative in a way that is desirable to the University to justify a decision likely made weeks ago.

“Coach Pruitt and I look forward to defending any allegation that he has engaged in any NCAA wrongdoing, as well as examining the University’s intent to disparage and destroy Coach Pruitt’s reputation in an effort to avoid paying his contractual liquidated damages.”

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
What if Pruitt fell into this situation like Terry Bowden did at the Barn. He comes in to his dream job as head coach to an SEC school and finds the "payment book" being run. Does he ignore it? Try to clean it up himself? Quit? I would love to believe that he documented everything and tried to clean it up.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Everyone has a rice bowl story but no one had damning proof. I would say everyone knew he was paid an enormous amount but no one could prove it.
That's because Dye had the perfect system in place...and a resource called NTYF. :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don’t think JP will come back to Bama....... whether he knew or not, there’s too much radioactivity around him.........I hate it for him, but he knew they were snakes when he picked them up

I’m shocked that the donut man hasn’t started accusing every other SEC team yet
He probably has...:cool:

• Angry
Reactions: rolltd

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
Upon further reading of the above:

Pruitt’s attorney, Michael Lyons, issued a statement later Monday saying they’d pursue legal action after the decision if necessary.

“The timing of the University’s actions and decision appear to be preordained and more about financial convenience and expediency than a fair and complete factual determination by the University,” the statement read. “Moreover, it seems clear the recent leaks to the press are indicative of an interest to steer the narrative in a way that is desirable to the University to justify a decision likely made weeks ago.

“Coach Pruitt and I look forward to defending any allegation that he has engaged in any NCAA wrongdoing, as well as examining the University’s intent to disparage and destroy Coach Pruitt’s reputation in an effort to avoid paying his contractual liquidated damages.”
Pruitt's attorney..........."Judge, i'm telling you that McDonald's bag contained a big mac, fries and an apple pie,,,,,,there were no "toys" included. This was not a happy meal sir!"

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Pruitt's attorney..........."Judge, i'm telling you that McDonald's bag contained a big mac, fries and an apple pie,,,,,,there were no "toys" included. This was not a happy meal sir!"
It’s going to be really amusing if Pruitt and his lawyer pull a rabbit out of their hats and show where the system was run by Fulmer........

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I'm hearing from folks here in Orangeland that Fulmer was up to his fat face and ears in the recruiting improprieties. However, he did make one change. He had wanted to use a Krispy Kreme box for the money but then opted for McDonalds bags so no-one would know it was him. Being the slimeball he is, he was allowed to retire rather than face the music.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I'm hearing from folks here in Orangeland that Fulmer was up to his fat face and ears in the recruiting improprieties. However, he did make one change. He had wanted to use a Krispy Kreme box for the money but then opted for McDonalds bags so no-one would know it was him. Being the slimeball he is, he was allowed to retire rather than face the music.
If the truth ever came out fully, his reputation( what little there is of it) would be trashed beyond belief

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
And now the Big Orange Circular Firing Squad has convinced themselves the next coach....is Bob Stoops!!!

The appropriate "Dude....it's Stoops" post to follow....

• Haha
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.