KenPom projections for the next 12 games

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
What about Auburn game the finale.
I guess he projects 12 games out and nothing beyond. If so, that should show up after the game this weekend.

While I don't think we'll go undefeated in conference play, having a season with 2-3 losses going forward would still be beyond most all of our wildest dreams for this season.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I guess he projects 12 games out and nothing beyond. If so, that should show up after the game this weekend.

While I don't think we'll go undefeated in conference play, having a season with 2-3 losses going forward would still be beyond most all of our wildest dreams for this season.
The way this team is playing on both ends of the court, a close loss is about all an SEC opponent can hope for.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
At Oklahoma might be a tough out. If they win there, I'm thinking Final Four, and a lifetime dream come true. And I'm talking a looooong lifetime dream. I saw the aforementioned Rocket 8 play. And I can name them without looking at any roster. They were my heroes.

Dick Gunder
Jerry Harper
George Linn
Leon Marlaire
Dennis O'Shea

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's projecting we finish the regular season without another loss???

IDK...running 11 SEC games plus a good OOC match with OK will be tough.

I think we'll still have some nights when we get cold from 3 land and we'll have to nickel and dime teams with dribble drive and FTs. Those games will happen and we'll probably drop a game or two along the way IMO.

Also, I'm not totally sure a loss or two would not prove to be a reminder, reset and refocus of what works the best for this team. Hard work on the boards, hustle and great defense are what has brought on this winning streak. Losing in basketball is not like football. No you don't want it, but sometimes it benefits you in a long season and helps refocus you going into a post season win or go home situation.

Reactions: CraigD and atlbama

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
He's projecting we finish the regular season without another loss???

IDK...running 11 SEC games plus a good OOC match with OK will be tough.

I think we'll still have some nights when we get cold from 3 land and we'll have to nickel and dime teams with dribble drive and FTs. Those games will happen and we'll probably drop a game or two along the way IMO.

Also, I'm not totally sure a loss or two would not prove to be a reminder, reset and refocus of what works the best for this team. Hard work on the boards, hustle and great defense are what has brought on this winning streak. Losing in basketball is not like football. No you don't want it, but sometimes it benefits you in a long season and helps refocus you going into a post season win or go home situation.
With the way this team is playing defense those cold shooting games are going to end up 5-10 point MOVs instead of 20-30 point MOVs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
With the way this team is playing defense those cold shooting games are going to end up 5-10 point MOVs instead of 20-30 point MOVs.
Yeah, not saying it couldn't happen, but just that it's improbable.

Also, if we were on a 19 game win-streak that might prompt even more pressure. That's why I mentioned a loss or two down the stretch might take some pressure off and reset the focus the postseason will bring.

I will say as well as we've played there's still room for improvement so I think our best basketball can still be before us!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
At Oklahoma might be a tough out. If they win there, I'm thinking Final Four, and a lifetime dream come true. And I'm talking a looooong lifetime dream. I saw the aforementioned Rocket 8 play. And I can name them without looking at any roster. They were my heroes.

Dick Gunder
Jerry Harper
George Linn
Leon Marlaire
Dennis O'Shea
I remember the star on the floor at Foster under one of the baskets.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This is a good thread. Interesting that KenPom is giving us so much faith. I'm going to another breakdown for the month of Feb but I think there are at least 5 games left on the upcoming schedule that we could lose. Not saying we will, just saying these are the greatest chances for a loss:

LSU
Missou
Arky
Auburn
and one unknown SEC opponent (maybe Miss State)

For some reason, I'm thinking we have a greater chance of running Oklahoma off the court ... nothing to base it on, thinking we will just beat the breaks off them.

Even if we still lose 5, we will still be a tourney team. I just don't see us going undefeated, it's just extremely challenging to do.

Right now the only two undefeated teams in the top 25 are Gonzaga and Baylor. Between the two, the Zags have the best possibility of going undefeated in the regular season because of the teams they have left to play.

Would love for them to go undefeated, but would rather them play their best ball in the tourney. But hey, if they go undefeated and have a successful tourney run they I'll take that too :)

Reactions: bama_fan01

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.