Why Electric Bikes are More Dangerous than Motorcycles

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't have an e-bike myself but am curious about them a bit. Obviously they've gained popularity like crazy, along with all other outdoor activities, since the rona hit.

I see them practically every day here!

Thought this was an enlightening video that might be of some interest.......

• Wow
Reactions: Go Bama

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Wow
When it started I thought this was going to be about electric motorcycles and my first thought was something a guy I used to work with told me about the loud pipes he had on his Harley. It was so others would know he was there. I didn’t realize electric bicycles were a thing or thst theyMd go that fast.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't have an e-bike myself but am curious about them a bit. Obviously they've gained popularity like crazy, along with all other outdoor activities, since the rona hit.

I see them practically every day here!

Thought this was an enlightening video that might be of some interest.......

What I see as the danger is near motorcycle-like performance, without the motorcycle-like protective and safety gear.

Of course, the key ingredient in stupid behavior on e-bikes is the 20 year old young man riding, whose prefrontal contest has not yet fully matured, so he has an imperfect sense of danger.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
What I see as the danger is near motorcycle-like performance, without the motorcycle-like protective and safety gear.

Of course, the key ingredient in stupid behavior on e-bikes is the 20 year old young man riding, whose prefrontal contest has not yet fully matured, so he has an imperfect sense of danger.
Ohhh man. Been in Nashville with hordes of people riding e-scooters amidst traffic...then onto the sidewalk. Very dangerous for the rider...but also makes vehicle drivers very nervous for knowing these people will veer off of a sidewalk and onto the roadway without warning

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Ohhh man. Been in Nashville with hordes of people riding e-scooters amidst traffic...then onto the sidewalk. Very dangerous for the rider...but also makes vehicle drivers very nervous for knowing these people will veer off of a sidewalk and onto the roadway without warning
You mean those things that look like skateboard with T handle steering? Last time I was in Europe, they were everywhere. France went through a big debate about what exactly they are and what rules government. (How fast can they go, where? What kind of protective gear is required).

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
You mean those things that look like skateboard with T handle steering? Last time I was in Europe, they were everywhere. France went through a big debate about what exactly they are and what rules government. (How fast can they go, where? What kind of protective gear is required).
Well....the geniuses that decided Nashville was ripe for that b'ness?? Must be hiding out. Must be a nightmare for account management because these things are being found in creeks and streams and even the Cumberland River. People have been caught driving them on I-40😆😆 I just cant live like that.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well....the geniuses that decided Nashville was ripe for that b'ness?? Must be hiding out. Must be a nightmare for account management because these things are being found in creeks and streams and even the Cumberland River. People have been caught driving them on I-40😆😆 I just cant live like that.
Holy smokes. That ain't right.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Holy smokes. That ain't right.
One day I was picking up the boss at work....I was leaving McDonald's parking lot on Broadway. Looked up and saw a pickup truck coming down 12th St. There was a lady's head looking just over the tailgate. Kinda weird. So....I sat and waited. The woman was tailgating the truck on an e-scooter. I thought she must've been standing on the bumper.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One day I was picking up the boss at work....I was leaving McDonald's parking lot on Broadway. Looked up and saw a pickup truck coming down 12th St. There was a lady's head looking just over the tailgate. Kinda weird. So....I sat and waited. The woman was tailgating the truck on an e-scooter. I thought she must've been standing on the bumper.
Darwin Award candidate right there.
"Hey, I saw it in Back to the Future, so it must be alright.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.