Thoughts and opinions on a post COVID19 vaccine society

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I wanted to start a thread that deals with thoughts and opinions on our society AFTER vaccinations have been offered, taken and not taken by our population. Do you see anything returning to pre COVID routine, somethings or nothing at all? Thank you for tuning in, every guest is appreciated. ;):) :p

Reactions: MobtownK

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not sure how this is going to change corporate office infrastructure. On the one hand, companies can save a lot of money on office space. On the other hand, even with the best technology, you lose efficiencies by having people work from home. I don't think it will go back to where it was or stay where it is. Going to be interesting to see where it lands in the middle.

Also - I love movie theaters and cruising. It will be a while before I trust either again.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I am not sure how this is going to change corporate office infrastructure. On the one hand, companies can save a lot of money on office space. On the other hand, even with the best technology, you lose efficiencies by having people work from home. I don't think it will go back to where it was or stay where it is. Going to be interesting to see where it lands in the middle.

Also - I love movie theaters and cruising. It will be a while before I trust either again.
It will be interesting to see consumers reaction and how businesses adjust, if needed. I wonder how long it will be before, if ever, people fill 100,000 seat sporting events again?

Reactions: B1GTide

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm going to keep wearing masks to trigger all the antimask karens

If I never do booth duty again I will be a happy man
I just hate going to Mandalay Bay a jagillion times. I was super bummed Microsoft Ignite was cancelled. I was looking forward to going to New Orleans for a week.

. On the other hand, even with the best technology, you lose efficiencies by having people work from home.
My wife and I already worked from home full time. This this isn't 100% true and varies from industry. In IT land the word from CIO's Ive heard from were business execs were surprised productivity didn't miss a beat.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Going to the movies every now and then was always a nice escape. When theaters opened up where I am I did go to one movie....because I knew nobody would be there lol. Sure enough, the movie had me and my son and one other guy that sat down towards the front. But, movie theaters will be going the way of the dodo soon with all the studios moving to streaming. I'll miss theaters, but, its not a huge loss at all.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Going to the movies every now and then was always a nice escape. When theaters opened up where I am I did go to one movie....because I knew nobody would be there lol. Sure enough, the movie had me and my son and one other guy that sat down towards the front. But, movie theaters will be going the way of the dodo soon with all the studios moving to streaming. I'll miss theaters, but, its not a huge loss at all.
Agreed, theatres just reached the price point I wasn't willing to pay anymore. From price to get in to concessions. If it is a movie my kids REALLY want to go see, I'll just bite my lip and take them. Marvel movies are great to watch on the big screen for kids. But as for my wife and I, not a real big loss for us either.

I've been told by two fast food chain store managers whose locations closed their dine in area and went to drive thru only since the pandemic, that their revenue has INCREASED. So don't be surprised if fast food places begin to be "Drive Thru Only".

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and Cruloc

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Agreed, theatres just reached the price point I wasn't willing to pay anymore. From price to get in to concessions. If it is a movie my kids REALLY want to go see, I'll just bite my lip and take them. Marvel movies a great to watch on the big screen for kids. But as for my wife and I, not a real big loss for us either.

I've been told by two fast food chain store managers whose locations closed their dine in area and went to drive thru only since the pandemic, that their revenue has INCREASED. So don't be surprised if fast food places begin to be "Drive Thru Only".
That's it exactly. I couldn't afford to take my kids to the movies anymore anyway. Had gotten ridiculous. I made it a special occasion for things like the last two Avenger movies....but even that hurts.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
this would be huge:

The administration will purchase 100 million doses each of the vaccines made by Pfizer Inc and Moderna Inc, increasing the overall total doses to 600 million, with delivery expected by summer.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I just want to add that the thought of Jon being a booth babe at an IT conference is cracking me up. I thought you guys had a big budget for "marketing interns" to handle that?

I've been told by two fast food chain store managers whose locations closed their dine in area and went to drive thru only since the pandemic, that their revenue has INCREASED.
Barber that cuts my hair( he does home visits and cuts outside) said he cuts the hair of a VP at Chick-Fil-A. He said the exact same thing. There was no revenue drop off. I think they will go back to the more drive-thru oriented designs. They actually just redid the Chick-Fil-A nearest me in the middle of the pandemic and the whole design is around a multi lane drive through. It is 2 wide all the way around.

Reactions: 92tide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I wouldn`t be surprised if the COVID vaccination evolves to a one shot affair. I also wouldn`t be surprised if it`s tagged onto the yearly flu vaccine. I personally don`t see the business community ever returning to the amount of travel and associated expense. To begin to return to some semblance of "normalcy ", IMO COVID will have to evolve into something that`s thought of as "routine " , like the flu. We`ll have to achieve an effective herd immunity before that can ever happen, however.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just want to add that the thought of Jon being a booth babe at an IT conference is cracking me up. I thought you guys had a big budget for "marketing interns" to handle that?

Barber that cuts my hair( he does home visits and cuts outside) said he cuts the hair of a VP at Chick-Fil-A. He said the exact same thing. There was no revenue drop off. I think they will go back to the more drive-thru oriented designs. They actually just redid the Chick-Fil-A nearest me in the middle of the pandemic and the whole design is around a multi lane drive through. It is 2 wide all the way around.
they re-did the dwarf house in hapeville like that and it runs really smoothly now, although it's been closed for the last week due to covid. the chick fil a stores in hapeville and at glenwood are awful though. in both of those, the line often backs up into the street causing big traffic problems.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
they re-did the dwarf house in hapeville like that and it runs really smoothly now, although it's been closed for the last week due to covid. the chick fil a stores in hapeville and at glenwood are awful though. in both of those, the line often backs up into the street causing big traffic problems.
Personally I don’t like what they are doing now. They aren’t FIFO for the queue. So they randomly hand you your food and you are stuck in line behind other people while your food gets cold. Other day I got my food and I wasn’t even far from the menu signs.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Personally I don’t like what they are doing now. They aren’t FIFO for the queue. So they randomly hand you your food and you are stuck in line behind other people while your food gets cold. Other day I got my food and I wasn’t even far from the menu signs.
the one at the dwarf house is pretty good about the timing and you can get around the line in front of you if you get your food early.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think you might see some changes in office space....less Class A space, more “hoteling.”

But by and large, I think overall attitudes and behaviors will return to 2019 more quickly than many believe.

The reason for that is that in my almost 62 years on this earth, I’ve seen several major events that the public and media said were “paradigm shifts.” They weren’t. Not for long at least.

1985 — We’ll never waste another oil boom. Twenty years later, they were saying the same thing. Now, 15 years after that, oil field services are repeating.

1990 — We’ll never overbuild commercial real estate again. Keep in mind, this was after the REIT debacle of the mid-70s and before 2008-12. Real estate is the crack cocaine of the banking industry and politicians.

2001 — The terrorists have united us. We’ll never disintegrate into petty bickering again. Took about 2 years for that to start, and now red and blue can’t agree on anything other than that the other is Hitler re-visited.

2001 — The tech bubble isn’t a bubble....it’s a realistic evaluation of the future of the industry. 2005 says hello. 2021 might be saying the same thing. We’ll have to see, but Tesla at over 100x projected earnings is 1,000% unsustainable. Price will go down or earnings will rise. I have my own opinion on that, but again, we’ll have to see.

2008 — We’ll never overbuild residential real estate again. So far, we haven’t. But a lot of that has to do with historically low interest rates. Remains to be seen.

2012 — OK, we did it after 1985, and again in 2010. But we’ll never overbuild oilfield services again. 2021 says hello.

2013 — Man! That was a tough 4 years! I promise I won’t spend every paycheck again. I’ll save and build an emergency fund, and invest, and never carry a credit card balance over a month-end ever again. 2020 says hello.

2017 — Whew! Dodged a bullet with Roy Moore. But that guy has a bunch of crazies supporting him. He’ll run again and win. Comes 2020, and Moore couldn’t finish better than 4th.

2020 — I’m going to use the covid lockdowns to lose weight, train for a marathon, learn a new language, work on my marriage, whatever. 3Q2021 — Please let me have that free time back....I promise not to waste it again.

2021 — Whew! I’m glad Donald Trump is out of office. But beware! He has a bunch of crazies supporting him. He could run again and win. I really don’t think so. When emotions have had a chance to die down (and if the blues are smart, they’ll do just that), I think the general public will realize what a disaster he was. True, he might hold on to a 25% hard core, but that won’t win him anything.

Humans are going to be humans. The most recent painful experience is a great teacher so long as the pain persists. As the pain fades into a memory of pain, and then to just a vague memory of discomfort that we eventually overcame, we revert to where we were before the pain.

And eventually, the voters get it right, though it can sometimes take a do-over or two.

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
That’s why we always do mobile pickup with CFA. I hate waiting in the drive thru of any restaurant. I love mobile ordering.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.