Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part II

Will You/Have You Take One of the COVID-19 Vaccines?

• I am smart and will take whatever vaccine is offered to me as soon as I can get it

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • I'm an idiot and will not take any vaccine despite the fact they save lives, will help end pandemic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will only take a certain vaccine (see comment)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I am smart and lucky so I've already taken the first dose of a vaccine

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I am smart and super lucky so I've already taken both doses of a vaccine

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Time to begin a new vaccine thread.

Today we have results of the J&J vaccine, which is 72% effective in the US, 66% overall, and 85% protective against severe disease and helps prevent death.

We already have the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, which are about 95% effective.

All the vaccines appear to be safe. They are certainly safer than catching the disease, which is an eventual certainty now with anyone who does not get vaccinated.

The poll is private and you can change your answer.

Last page of first thread here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Time to begin a new vaccine thread.

Today we have results of the J&J vaccine, which is 72% effective in the US, 66% overall, and 85% protective against severe disease and helps prevent death.

We already have the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, which are about 95% effective.

All the vaccines appear to be safe. They are certainly safer than catching the disease, which is an eventual certainty now with anyone who does not get vaccinated.

The poll is private and you can change your answer.

Last page of first thread here.
I would point out the J&J is still far more effective than a typical year's flu vaccine...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I will take whatever vaccine I have access to first. If it is the J&J vaccine, I will also take one of the mRNA vaccines as soon as I can thereafter.
As I've said before, I think that the mRNA vaccines will eventually squeeze out conventional vaccines - where possible. Because of the way it works, the coronavirus lends itself peculiarly to that approach...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Around here the Pharmacies swear they don't have a list, and it may be a couple of weeks before their next delivery.
After working the phones I finally got Barbara's 90 year old mom on a list and she is supposed to get her first shot Sunday or Monday.
The same Pharmacy put Barbara and I on their list too.
I may have persuaded an additional Pharmacy to start a list.
I argued that a list of customers wasn't as valuable as a list if people who want the vaccine.
There are still pharmacies holding out hope that people who refused will change their mind. To that I say, if they change their mind, add them to the list of people who want the vaccine, but not at the top of the list. Let em wait their turn.
I'M MORE THAN A LITTLE COLD BLOODED ABOUT PEOPLE CHANGING THEIR MINDS, AND GETTIN ON A LIST WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE WANTED A VACCINE FROM THE BEGINNING.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
They went to 1b on January 18. That's how I got my shot...
You didn't mention that you are old. Older than me anyway... ;)
I fell 13 months too young for 1-b. Not to mention that being retired I missed on a couple of other counts.
Congrats on getting the first shot. I'm waiting, but not too patiently.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You didn't mention that you are old. Older than me anyway... ;)
I fell 13 months too young for 1-b. Not to mention that being retired I missed on a couple of other counts.
Congrats on getting the first shot. I'm waiting, but not too patiently.
1b has been the same since they started. 1a was frontline medical workers and they got all the shots up until January 18. I was on standby, so, if they reached the end of the day with leftovers, we could rush down. Didn't happen. 1b started alphabetically on January 18. I had calls within a couple of days offering shots near the end of the week of the 17th - Crestwood for the Moderna and HH for the Pfizer. We opted for Moderna. However, since then, it looks like the shortage has caused logical distribution to fall apart. The following thread from the HSV Facebook page is very discouraging...

Facebook

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After I got mine, my 85-year-old stepmother in Illinois called and got her appointment for March 6!
We have a close friend well into his 80s with multiple comorbidities who still does not have an appointment.

• Sad
Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.