Question: What happened to the Bama twins

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I couldn’t find anything prior to 2012 about them. But they were apparently UAB students who grew up in an Auburn household. Their names Maegan and Ashley Bailey.

I haven’t seen them in a while but it’s not uncommon. The only super fan that I see around usually is the guy with the State flag.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bamaro and seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In a way I’m glad they are no longer a focus. For whatever reason super fans in attendance usually become bad for you down the line. It’s fun for a few years but it always seems that they always become entitled fans down the line. I hope they are still Alabama fans and attend a few games. But beyond that I really don’t like the idea of noticeable fans anymore.

I think Bama is great without noticeable fans. Remember the hell we have been living through when Updyke started being labeled a “super fan”. And yes he was a noticeable fan on game day even before the poisoning.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Hope they are doing well, the camera will always find the interesting looking people at games. Usually no harm. Of course, a lot of folks live and prepare for the attention. You will also probably remember the the two big guys from Scottsboro with the toilet paper rolls (good guys, I remember when one passed away). Yeah, then Updyke. But the all time “look-at-me, I’m-on-TV” character was Shorty Price, who careened and teetered the lower stands and hand rails at Bama games in the 60s and 70s. I didn’t know him, but I’m pretty sure he was drunk on those occasions. As were most of us.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
comparing the twins to updike is a leap, a big leap.
A leap only because it was a short term thing and they thankfully didn’t let their fame get to their head. Most Super fans become entitled donkeys as their fame starts to grow. Look no further than the Finebaum show. Just about everyone of them I’ve met thinks the university and fans of the university that they support owes them respect that the average fan doesn’t get. The twins never got to that point because they were rarely interviewed and weren’t in the stands for that long. It’s like once they got their UAB degrees they dipped and started sitting in the cheap seats or stopped going. Their fandom also really was mostly due to “hottest girls in the SEC” threads in forums and not really something they really pushed.

And before the line of “ Well no one saw Updyke on TV”. Well us who went to the games damn well knew him. He thought because he wore the 92 era letterman jacket with the elephant hat that he was more Alabama than everyone else.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The first Alabama “twins” of notoriety I remember were Beth and Harriet Troxell (the Troxell twins). I know Beth was a cheerleader at Alabama in the mid 1970’s. I’m not sure about Harriet. Absolutely stunning.

Reactions: PattheCatinSaudi

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.