2021 coaching carousel

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Gus offered at UCF per Orlando Sentinel. Round and round we go:

link

He might be able to recruit well enough for UCF, if he accepts. His coaching, though. There again, maybe good enough for UCF.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
If the trend continues, he will end up being the TN head coach in 2-3 years when Danny White hires him. LOL
He may go 6-6 every year, but he'd somehow squeeze one out against Bama for them lol.

White: "Why should I hire you?"

Gus: "I'm 3-5 against the best coach of the modern era, your biggest rival."

White: *opens checkbook*

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Per a UCF grad/fan....

Dillion Gabriel changed his social media pic from wearing his UCF to wearing his high school jersey.

Quite a few players are unhappy

Reactions: CrimsonBloodn62

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
No. Sir Goosdoofus (by today’s ennobling at the Magic Kingdom) wins another NC for UCF In his second year, and All Bran brings him back a third time, refreshes his “current” contractual terms by a few years and a couple $Ms per annum - and voila, they’ve got him locked in again through the end of the Saban era. We can all root for a fairy tale, can’t we?

Not a bad place to live. If he still gets his full buyout and can still make money at a smaller school like UCF, it would be a nice job if he wants to get back into coaching. If the trend continues, he will end up being the TN head coach in 2-3 years when Danny White hires him. LOL

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Kind of surprised Gus did not reach out to Kevin Steele for DC. Guess Kevin will sit out this season, stay home, and count his money.
Good get for Gus though. T-Will definitely deserves his shot at this point. Given his career trajectory this is the sensible next step. Young, high-energy guy, great recruiter and a great position coach. I expect him to succeed

Auburn fans wanted to keep him for good reason, and the hope is that he'll eventually return as DC down the line.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
To be fair, I think Gus will actually thrive and do quite well at UCF. They didn't just pop up on the map when they went unbeaten, they've got some talent you can recruit there.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
UCF is another one of those schools that we think is smaller than it actually is because all we pay attention to is football. Check out the Fall 2019 enrollment for the main Florida schools:
  • 69, 525 - UCF
  • 58,787 - FIU
  • 56,567 - UF
  • 51,646 - USF
  • 41,551 - FSU
  • 17,811 - Miami
Any of those Florida schools should be able to compete on a yearly basis if they get a good coach and put some effort behind it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.