The Trump Capitol Insurrection Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Here is my public service announcement to the group...

I tested positive for covid over a week ago.

I have gotten antibody injections to no avail. Wildly fluctuating oxygen levels and high fever spikes persist. Still covid positive 9 days in with double pneumonia. On advice of my doctor Im in ER now due to persistent low oxygen above and below borderline. But I am not sick enough to be admitted to the hospital even though they have room.

Now there is a vaccine available, the hospitals are not interested in treating covid patients anymore. I dont want to go into more detail about my situation for privacy. But if you think you can bypass getting the vaccine thinking your doctor or local hospital is going to get you well you can forget that. I have learned the symptoms and response to treatment is so varied they don't know how to make you well if you have covid. They are done trying now there is vaccine available.

If you don't get the vaccine your only option is to be genetically superior to this virus.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I have gotten antibody injections to no avail. Wildly fluctuating oxygen levels and high fever spikes persist. Still covid positive 9 days in with double pneumonia. On advice of my doctor Im in ER now due to persistent low oxygen above and below borderline. But I am not sick enough to be admitted to the hospital even though they have room.

Now there is a vaccine available, the hospitals are not interested in treating covid patients anymore. I dont want to go into more detail about my situation for privacy. But if you think you can bypass getting the vaccine thinking your doctor or local hospital is going to get you well you can forget that. I have learned the symptoms and response to treatment is so varied they don't know how to make you well if you have covid. They are done trying now there is vaccine available.

If you don't get the vaccine your only option is to be genetically superior to this virus.
I am quite sorry you are going through this. I don't believe it's that no one wants to treat you now that there's a vaccine, though. I think it's more the result of the surge when these things were necessary and some did OK using that protocol so long as they could breathe on their own. If you are in Tuscaloosa, Dr P is doing outpatient antibody infusions. If not, you may want to give your provider a call to see. Or maybe some steroids. Unfortunately, the treatments truly are hit and miss. That's how we got to 500,000 dead. Get rest, stay hydrated, get up and walk every 1-2 hours, and do everything else they told you. Will be praying for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. And sorry, did not mean to lecture. I know you are feeling awful.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

God, I hate to hear that. We will all be thinking of you and praying for you...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I meant to reinforce that any treatment option other than the vaccine is a less than perfect outcome. I can totally appreciate how this kills people. With a vaccine now available that is choice rather than a possible outcome.

I am quite sorry you are going through this. I don't believe it's that no one wants to treat you now that there's a vaccine, though. I think it's more the result of the surge when these things were necessary and some did OK using that protocol so long as they could breathe on their own. If you are in Tuscaloosa, Dr P is doing outpatient antibody infusions. If not, you may want to give your provider a call to see. Or maybe some steroids. Unfortunately, the treatments truly are hit and miss. That's how we got to 500,000 dead. Get rest, stay hydrated, get up and walk every 1-2 hours, and do everything else they told you. Will be praying for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. And sorry, did not mean to lecture. I know you are feeling awful.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I meant to reinforce that any treatment option other than the vaccine is a less than perfect outcome. I can totally appreciate how this kills people. With a vaccine now available that is choice rather than a possible outcome.
Prayers my friend...and follow best practices...2 of my best friends just tested positive in NC...1 of them weighs about 300 and I am really worried for him.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Prayers my friend...and follow best practices...2 of my best friends just tested positive in NC...1 of them weighs about 300 and I am really worried for him.
My sister in law is in the upper 200's closer to 300, smokes at least a pack a day and has since at least the early 90's and she came through covid fine. Co-morbities are a thing but not the only thing

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My sister in law is in the upper 200's closer to 300, smokes at least a pack a day and has since at least the early 90's and she came through covid fine. Co-morbities are a thing but not the only thing
There are some real puzzles out there. It will take years before they untangle all the factors. JD has one thing going - relative youth, although that's not a perfect defense...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Selma said he was considering moving to Cleveland.

• Haha
Reactions: crimsonaudio

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I hope so too. He needs to ask for it and don't take no as the answer if its available. He will improve after the first dose. The stuff is magic I tell you! As yall have done for me we will pray for your friend too!! 🙏

My friend was admitted to the hospital today with Covid and double pneumonia...I just hope they give him remdesivir quickly...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I hope so too. He needs to ask for it and don't take no as the answer if its available. He will improve after the first dose. The stuff is magic I tell you! As yall have done for me we will pray for your friend too!! 🙏
Received a text today...oxygen level without help is 94...going home to tomorrow. He has not said, but I am betting on remdesivir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.