Les Miles offered a secret settlement to an LSU student.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I’m starting to think maybe there was more to his whole contract fracas in 2015 than we all knew at the time. Maybe - just maybe - his 2016 firing while clearly looking like in the heat of emotion may have been thought of earlier.

The one thing that makes me think that is NOT the case is the notion LSU would ever in any way be transparent about these things in the first place, including when it came out. Part of me suspects part of this is a distraction from the current inept regime.

I guess we can cue up the jokes about Les having bad timing and not being able to finish.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The one thing that makes me think that is NOT the case is the notion LSU would ever in any way be transparent about these things in the first place, including when it came out. Part of me suspects part of this is a distraction from the current inept regime.
The way things have trickled out over the last few years down there paints a pretty dark picture of an old school, 'keep it down home' athletic department in a world that's moved well past that...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Folks - if you ever thought we mishandled the Mike Price situation, all of what has gone on since then in CFB suggests we handled it perfectly (yes....we botched both integration AND the DuBose zipper affair, but we did learn I guess).

I contact Stewart Mandel every so often when one of these scandals pops up. He absolutely WILL NOT answer my query given that in 2003 he blasted us as being stuck in the past and blamed our old school morality and the old guard for insisting on ties to Bryant when dismissing Price. But I thought then - and still think even more so today - that Price gave us his own ultimatum by his behavior, and we handled it correctly.

Mandel wants no part of "you know, if Penn State or FSU or (name almost any school) would have done what Alabama did, it would have ended problems right then and there." After all....you then have to admit two things:
1) you were wrong
2) Alabama - a place most folks automatically reflexively react negatively against - was actually right

And it's easier to pretend you weren't a clueless ass than admit doing right does come with its own reward.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Jox round table opinion this morning is that Les will be gone, as early as today.
That's probably how this is going to play out. He's not going to survive this.

I agree with what @crimsonaudio alluded to a few pages back in that things like this are probably more common among HC's than we may want to believe. It is sad, but when things come to light such as the Hugh Freeze situation, Bobby Petrino situation and others (the Miss St baseball coach a few years back) that we've learned about over the years. Looking at the dynamics and environment of college campuses, I'm not sure why we don't believe it goes on a lot. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: crimsonaudio

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I am going to share a real life personal story with ya'll, because I trust ya'll and we mostly see eye to eye.
This disgusts me. As a dad to a 13 year old girl, I am glad when these women are brave enough to speak out. My daughter came to us last week to show us a 9th grade boy was harassing her through text and asking her for nudes. The little punk got her number from his sisters phone because they cheer together.
I contacted the boys parents and the school and showed them the texts he sent. I wanted to beat hos behind myself, but it got handled.
Now, I said all that to say this, sleazy scumbags exist and I used to like Les because he was like a funny cartoon. If these allegations are true, I hope he never coaches again and justice is served.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So the guy pretending losses in overtime somehow don't count is now pretending "well, as long as we don't go all the way" is also okay.

Reactions: 9gks

fireater

All-SEC
Oct 12, 2008
Laramie, WY
Not being political, but is this a Bill Clinton (or an inordinate number of high profile people) type mentality or defense?
”I didn’t inhale” or “I didn’t have sex with that woman?”
For some us, right is right, wrong is wrong.
Just venting

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I am going to share a real life personal story with ya'll, because I trust ya'll and we mostly see eye to eye.
This disgusts me. As a dad to a 13 year old girl, I am glad when these women are brave enough to speak out. My daughter came to us last week to show us a 9th grade boy was harassing her through text and asking her for nudes. The little punk got her number from his sisters phone because they cheer together.
I contacted the boys parents and the school and showed them the texts he sent. I wanted to beat hos behind myself, but it got handled.
Now, I said all that to say this, sleazy scumbags exist and I used to like Les because he was like a funny cartoon. If these allegations are true, I hope he never coaches again and justice is served.
I hate smart phones. For all the good they do, they open the door to so much more evil.

Do not misunderstand me. That boy made the decision he made, and it is his alone to own and suffer the consequences of. But the phone made it far easier to do than it would have been 25 years ago.

I'm sorry your daughter was harassed like that, but glad she was able to bring attention to it and get something done about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.