Les Miles offered a secret settlement to an LSU student.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
My wife and I are members of a large church in Birmingham. We spent over 10 years caring for children in the nursery and preschool during worship service. Never did anyone ask us to submit for a background check. It was very disturbing to me. This is exactly the situation that pedophiles and molesters look to exploit.

For this reason, I went to the church and children’s program administrators and expressed my concerns. They looked at me like I was a nut job.

I said “Look, I coach youth basketball, baseball and softball. Before any coach or assistant can set foot on a field or court, you must agree to a background check. Is it too much to ask that the church do the same, especially in situations when so many are left with minimal oversight or supervision? Remember , just because this is a church doesn’t mean everyone walking through those doors is a saint...”

Six months later, they started background checks.
Many churches in Ga do the training/ background check thing when you teach VBS........ I know my wife is a school teacher and still has to have it done if she teaches VBS, even though the one she goes through at school is more comprehensive

Reactions: CB4

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think many of these churches that do not implement background checks (to be renewed each year) as part of their requirements for working with children, simply have the mindset of "we don't have anyone like that here". Then, to their surprise, not only do they have someone like that in the church, it is someone that is a longstanding "pillar" member. Not everybody "looks like" who they really are.

1 Samuel 16:7
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have [a]refused him. For[b] the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I have become suspicious of any male who wants to work with the children and/or youth but has none of his own....as we all realize now they loved to hide out in Boy Scout Troops and Youth Ministries.
It's not fool proof, but a HUGE red flag. I completely agree and am the same way.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Evidently, in reading some of reports over the last few days, emails from then athletic director Joe Alleva in the summer of 2013 show Alleva’s pleas to the incoming LSU president to move to fire Miles “for cause”. Significant push back from fans and boosters seems to have prevented it from happening.

Toxic is an understatement.

green_knight94

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 26, 2018
SEC Commish needs to expel them out of the conference. The whole university is guilty. Even the ones that were not there when this happen because they all had to hear about it around the water cooler. And nobody said a word until Now. Hang em

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: UAllday

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.