What are you listening to (Music) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Right now, for me, King Curtis. Trying to learn to play alto sax.
Yep, I literally do not have enough time left on the planet to get really good, but I can honestly say I`m having a ball with this horn! Learning to read music is like learning a foreign language. Got to have the right attitude, though! Don`t take it super serious. Blow bad notes, just laugh and blow `em again!

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yep, I literally do not have enough time left on the planet to get really good, but I can honestly say I`m having a ball with this horn! Learning to read music is like learning a foreign language. Got to have the right attitude, though! Don`t take it super serious. Blow bad notes, just laugh and blow `em again!

I bought an alto sax in the 90's but never got the hang of it. Hardest part for me was learning to get the right embouchure. I still have it and hope one day when things slow down a bit I can go at it again, along with my piano.

There was a guy in our elementary school band who blew the sax. He had a bad leg (wore a brace) - but somehow along with the sax he carried around - that made him the coolest cat in the entire school!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I bought an alto sax in the 90's but never got the hang of it. Hardest part for me was learning to get the right embouchure. I still have it and hope one day when things slow down a bit I can go at it again, along with my piano.

There was a guy in our elementary school band who blew the sax. He had a bad leg (wore a brace) - but somehow along with the sax he carried around - that made him the coolest cat in the entire school!

Yep , a proper and consistent embouchure is critical. I think I’m gripping with too much pressure because my lower jaw on the right side really hurts after a session. My wife plays flute and she told me to lighten up. I didn’t realize how critical breathing is as well!

Reactions: NationalTitles18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.