Spring Practice Thread

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
As long as we don't swap out "Tyson did not have a great day" with "Tyson had a poor day", this aligns with my thinking. We know that Tyson threw one INT - a pick 6. That would probably be enough, by itself, to keep Saban from singing his praises even if the rest of his day was very good.
Exactly. 16/17 for 723 yards and 16 tds but that pick six and Saban would say,” Well he did some things, but he’s got to learn to take care of the football.”

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
“There was a lot of good hitting, and there was a lot of good things to teach from,” he said.

I thought that was interesting, not sure I’ve seen him say that before.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Based on what I’ve heard, the defense is going to be great if not really great this year with all the returning starters and infusion of new talent coming in.

With BY throwing 4 TDs, it doesn’t make me worry about the defense, it actually gets me excited knowing that not only is he new to the role but he is throwing to 3 new receivers, TE, RB and 3 new OL not counting Ekiyor. Metchie, Bolden, Billingsley, and Robinson will provide enough experience to help BY moving forward not to mention having Neal, Owens and Ekiyor starting on the Oline.

BY was recruited as a potential generational talent and he is a year into the system. By the first game he will have had a 2 full fall camps and a full spring to get timing down. He is probably just showing why he was so highly recruited.

Reactions: BamaMoon and Con

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If he’s hitting Latu for touchdown passes that means our middle is as lost and confused as the year before last.
Instead of saying that must have been a great play call that was well executed you went there. The guys we have on offense are really, really good. Sounds like Bryce has picked up where Mac left off.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Personally, I think that talent is not an issue and hasn’t been for a long time. Getting it positioned in the right places and technically coached up , with the never ending turnover in coaching staff, is the persistent challenge IMO.

Reactions: Con

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Personally, I think that talent is not an issue and hasn’t been for a long time. Getting it positioned in the right places and technically coached up , with the never ending turnover in coaching staff, is the persistent challenge IMO.
I agree as far as assistants go, but also think it’s turnover in players.

What with losing mostly juniors (a few seniors) to the NFL draft, and the odd RS Sophomore (Quinnen Williams and Christian Barmore come to mind), we’re consistently among the youngest teams in the country.

It just takes a while for even the most dedicated 5-star talent to get the hang of what we’re trying to do, and the level of execution necessary to do it. That leads to growing pains, especially early in the season.

Which is why the OM game this fall worries me.

OM plays non-conference cupcakes for the month leading up to the game. They have an open date the week immediately prior. And Kiffin wants to be the first former assistant to beat Saban more than he wants to see the next sunrise.

Whatever his failings as a human being (and they are legend), Lane Kiffin is a good coach overall. Excellent as an OC and QB coach. Think he isn’t spending every day from the end of their 2020 season until the instant of kickoff on October 2, 2021 preparing for us? I do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

What with losing mostly juniors (a few seniors) to the NFL draft, and the odd RS Sophomore (Quinnen Williams and Christian Barmore come to mind), we’re consistently among the youngest teams in the country.

It just takes a while for even the most dedicated 5-star talent to get the hang of what we’re trying to do, and the level of execution necessary to do it. That leads to growing pains, especially early in the season.

OM plays non-conference cupcakes for the month leading up to the game. They have an open date the week immediately prior. And Kiffin wants to be the first former assistant to beat Saban more than he wants to see the next sunrise.

Whatever his failings as a human being (and they are legend), Lane Kiffin is a good coach overall. Excellent as an OC and QB coach. Think he isn’t spending every day from the end of their 2020 season until the instant of kickoff on October 2, 2021 preparing for us? I do.
I believe that Kiffin would sacrifice wins in any/every other game for a victory over Saban.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

I have never ever understood the logic of coaches who put everything into Beating bama. More often than not they crash and burn the rest of their season doing so and end up fired. I find the narrative “coaches get fired for not being able to beat saban” to be complete garbage. No coaches get fired when they completely underperform and they can’t get their teams consistently motivated for games they should win whether they beat Bama or not. And they Look even dumber when they play bama tough come up short and they get skulldragged the next week by Arkansas.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I have never ever understood the logic of coaches who put everything into Beating bama. More often than not they crash and burn the rest of their season doing so and end up fired. I find the narrative “coaches get fired for not being able to beat saban” to be complete garbage. No coaches get fired when they completely underperform and they can’t get their teams consistently motivated for games they should win whether they beat Bama or not. And they Look even dumber when they play bama tough come up short and they get skulldragged the next week by Arkansas.
Great point!

And how dumb does Dan Mullen look, clearly taking a sub-par LSU team for granted, devoting three weeks to preparing for us, only to lose to a clearly inferior LSU team. Thereby making the SECCG against us a moot point as far as the playoff is concerned.

After that embarrassing and undisciplined loss, the Gators could have won the SECCG, and we’d still have been in the playoff, while they still would not have been.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe that Kiffin would sacrifice wins in any/every other game for a victory over Saban.
And that's why he will crash and burn, as he always has. He is too immature to even consider the big picture.

He may well be the first assistant to beat CNS. It's bound to happen at some point, and he's got the offensive prowess to frustrate our defense. But he will never win a championship of any sort at Ole Miss. Not because of Ole Miss, either. Because of himself.

We've already gone on to play in the playoffs one year and win the NC the next year we lost to Ole Miss and their renegade coach.

I'm just not worried about Ole Miss. Never will be. Lane Kiffin is still a spoiled child.

As for Young's great day and our defense, I'd point out that there are surely wrinkles that O'Brien has installed that the defense wasn't used to seeing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.