More Trouble for LSU & Orgeron Dodges an Invitation from the Legislature

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It could just be a philosophical argument to the judge that a group of people all working for the same entity, committing various crimes would qualify as a “criminal organization “ and thus make available stiffer penalties for the individuals because of the idea they work together.

She’s trying to nuke them from orbit to be sure.
I actually think she’s angling for a godamighty settlement (which, I have zero doubt, she deserves), and correctly feels that putting the claims in federal jurisdiction, and the threat of it’s no-nonsense subpoena processes, is the best way to get there.

Without the protections of the friendly confines of the Louisiana state and municipal courts, I think the Louisiana PTB will capitulate, subject to an NDA, and we’ll never know the full truth.

She’s getting good counsel

one of the baws at the LSU forum, possibly the Ogre himself, has this to say:
View attachment 15891
So we’re responsible for a dozen LSU officials ignoring Title IX to the point that a victim is filing a suit under RICO, which was designed for organized crime.

I have said several times that we’re living in their heads rent free. That was wrong. We’re living in the imaginary French Quarter penthouse of their dreams....which is a lot better than the vacuum between their ears....and they’re paying the rent.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It could just be a philosophical argument to the judge that a group of people all working for the same entity, committing various crimes would qualify as a “criminal organization “ and thus make available stiffer penalties for the individuals because of the idea they work together.

She’s trying to nuke them from orbit to be sure.
I'd say she received some first class legal advice.
She will not have to win her case, LSU and the athletic department will likely pay up.

Most likely there are lawyers for the university who are sweating bullets.
Regardless of the validity it will be cheaper and safer to throw people under the bus, and cough up a bucket of money to pay the lady to make this case go away.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
He's literally not smart enough to understand. Seriously. Orgeron is an unfathomably stupid man.
Well, there's another thing on Ogre and that is he covered for Derrius Guice after he supposedly propositioned a female security guard in the Superdome. O claims a man called him and said the guard either wanted $100,000 or for Guice to sit out the Citrus Bowl as punishment. The female guard claims that O called her trying to arrange an apology, and her daughter backed up the claim. She said there was no mistaking that "cajun frog" voice on the phone.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Have you guys seen the Rock’s new show? It has someone playing Ogeron from his Miami days. But the actor can’t quite nail the incomprehensibleness in its entirety.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
In what rational world does a HEAD FOOTBALL COACH try to get a granmama on the phone to get one of his players to apologize for SEXUALLY ASSAULTING HER!?!

It's also pretty obvious a shakedown was/is happening, as well. Yet ANOTHER reason you don't call them. Let the University attorneys deal with it.

Beyond stupid. That's what they should fire him for.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I still can't believe we lost Sage Ryan to these clowns, boggles the mind.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He’d better hope there is someone smart enough to inform him of what he’s facing...... I know The Who’s are already blaming Bama for all of this, but a quick look in the mirror will reveal the culprit
I still can't get why we would care. We dominate them on the field and court. They are not a primary rival.

The only angle I can figure, if I'm being completely open minded to the possibility, is that we do enjoy recruiting in Louisiana.

Yet, just as you say, they need to look in the mirror. They are the ones who've done this stuff. And just like I feel I have a right to be angry with with what Fulmer et. al. did during our fiasco in the 2000s, I have to be honest and say we screwed up, we did commit penalties, and had we behaved properly Fulmer never would have had the ability to do what he did. Then the ncaa never would have had the open door to screw us like they did.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I still can't get why we would care. We dominate them on the field and court. They are not a primary rival.

The only angle I can figure, if I'm being completely open minded to the possibility, is that we do enjoy recruiting in Louisiana.

Yet, just as you say, they need to look in the mirror. They are the ones who've done this stuff. And just like I feel I have a right to be angry with with what Fulmer et. al. did during our fiasco in the 2000s, I have to be honest and say we screwed up, we did commit penalties, and had we behaved properly Fulmer never would have had the ability to do what he did. Then the ncaa never would have had the open door to screw us like they did.
Probably shouldn’t care...... but after their glee at Bama’s troubles, what goes around comes back around

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
The "civil RICO" statute says "Any person injured in his business or property by reason of a violation of [the criminal RICO statute]may sue therefor in any appropriate United States district court and shall recover threefold the damages he sustains and the cost of the suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee..."

When I was an attorney with the Air Force, we and DOJ considered using this against several defense contractors for defrauding the government.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
The "civil RICO" statute says "Any person injured in his business or property by reason of a violation of [the criminal RICO statute]may sue therefor in any appropriate United States district court and shall recover threefold the damages he sustains and the cost of the suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee..."

When I was an attorney with the Air Force, we and DOJ considered using this against several defense contractors for defrauding the government.
Did it work? Tough to prove

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I didn't know RICO had a civil aspect, and certainly didn't know about the treble damages.

She's definitely going for the godamighty settlement, and will in all likelihood get it. I'm thinking somebody smarter than O (I know, I know....a drunk chimpanzee could clear that standard) will intervene and LSU will pay up rather than have their skeletons exposed to the tender mercies of examination in federal court.

Which, unfortunately, means that the general public will probably never know either the amount of the settlement or the full truth around her allegations.

Wonder if Scott Woodward wishes he'd stayed at aTm yet?

Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.