Spring Practice Thread

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
So the early word from the 2nd scrimmage is that BY played well again, Milroe showed improvement, Roydell Williams had the most yards , and Evan Neal got injured with no details yet about his injury.
Well losing Neal would suck but hopefully it’s just something small.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Well losing Neal would suck but hopefully it’s just something small.
I read on another board that Neal's injury was not significant or long term, supposedly from an insider. It seems concerning that 4 of the offensive line guys are injured but I guess the backups are getting experience in different positions because of it. I just hope for Fall Camp that the starting 5 will all be healthy and stay that way, especially since so many in the offense are new. Bryce needs great protection and our RB's need those spaces to run through.

I look forward to A Day and hope everyone stays injury free! RTR

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read on another board that Neal's injury was not significant or long term, supposedly from an insider. It seems concerning that 4 of the offensive line guys are injured but I guess the backups are getting experience in different positions because of it. I just hope for Fall Camp that the starting 5 will all be healthy and stay that way, especially since so many in the offense are new. Bryce needs great protection and our RB's need those spaces to run through.

I look forward to A Day and hope everyone stays injury free! RTR
Pretty sure that anybody nicked up will sit for A day. No since in taking chances, especially on the O line.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Alabama scrimmage notes and intel - al.com
The scrimmage was additional confirmation that Pete Golding’s defense has a chance to be very good this season. The first-team defense and first-team front seven were dominant, including against the first-team offense. Outside linebackers Will Anderson and Chris Allen were once again extremely disruptive. The two combined for a good amount of sacks, including several against a shorthanded Crimson Tide first-team offensive line that didn’t have offensive guard Emil Ekiyor and that lost left tackle Evan Neal to an unspecified injury during the scrimmage.
While the first-team offense struggled against the first-team defense, quarterback Bryce Young did have three touchdown passes — one to tight end Cameron Latu vs. the first-team defense and ones to wide receiver Javon Baker and tight end Jahleel Billingsley against the second-team defensive unit.

— Tyson and the second-team offense didn’t score when matched up against the first-team defense. On a positive note for Tyson, however, he had the touchdown pass to Edwards and led the second-team offense to a field goal against the second-team defense during a two-minute drill.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
So the early word from the 2nd scrimmage is that BY played well again, Milroe showed improvement, Roydell Williams had the most yards , and Evan Neal got injured with no details yet about his injury.
BY ‘s development is essential to Bama’s success for the upcoming season. Roll Tide!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
BY ‘s development is essential to Bama’s success for the upcoming season. Roll Tide!
IMO, BY will only be a positive for Bama's O and team, the WR's explosiveness will likely be a problem to overcome and that will be only in relation to Bama's incredible run of WR's since 2008, with 2011 the only exception.

There are no Jones, Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy, HR, DS, JW apparent in the current crop. 17-19 was a once-in-a-lifetime run with 4 on the same team, 2020 had 2 til the Waddle injury. They were all great college WRs and first round draft picks. Metchie is the closest at this time and he is none of those.

Doesn't mean they can't have a great O but it will be different than the last several years but BY will not be the hindrance, IMO - he will likely be tremendous. DCs, nor DBs will be in a constant state of terror from the deep threat. The running game will suffer a bit because safeties can play closer to the LOS and LBs won't have to drop as deeply. OTOH, this may be the best overall RB room of CNS's reign. The OL needs to come through. But Young is smart, quick, elusive and accurate.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
IMO, BY will only be a positive for Bama's O and team, the WR's explosiveness will likely be a problem to overcome and that will be only in relation to Bama's incredible run of WR's since 2008, with 2011 the only exception.

There are no Jones, Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy, HR, DS, JW apparent in the current crop. 17-19 was a once-in-a-lifetime run with 4 on the same team, 2020 had 2 til the Waddle injury. They were all great college WRs and first round draft picks. Metchie is the closest at this time and he is none of those.

Doesn't mean they can't have a great O but it will be different than the last several years but BY will not be the hindrance, IMO - he will likely be tremendous. DCs, nor DBs will be in a constant state of terror from the deep threat. The running game will suffer a bit because safeties can play closer to the LOS and LBs won't have to drop as deeply. OTOH, this may be the best overall RB room of CNS's reign. The OL needs to come through. But Young is smart, quick, elusive and accurate.
Let’s get the RB’s cranked up!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I'm not convinced that we lack great talent with the WRs, comparable to what we've grown used to.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con and The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.