Link: Noah Gurley will spend his Covid year at Bama...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's still a little confusing with the possible rile change but it looks like he and Nimari will be able to play this season.

That's a good point, hopefully everyone with this team will continue to buy and and understand this roster was put together with the intent to make a final four run. We know that Oats will play 10-plus guys but there will be some nights where the rotation will be 10 or less because of matchups. But as you noted, its definitely a good problem to have.
I would think that these guys were told on the front end that part of the plan would be to wear down teams with shallow benches. They'll finish with more tread on their tires and a lower chance of injury. I think Petty played too much this year fatigued...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I would think that these guys were told on the front end that part of the plan would be to wear down teams with shallow benches. They'll finish with more tread on their tires and a lower chance of injury. I think Petty played too much this year fatigued...
I agree ... ideally if we can get it to where the starters of the game are resting by the middle of the first half then we will reduce fatigue and possible injuries as well. If we can have 5 guys to get the lead and then 5-6 guys off the bench to hold the lead, we will be a tough out whenever we play. The interesting thing is more folks are focusing on what Arkie is doing with their roster than what we've been able to amass in the last few days. So we should catch some folks by surprise again.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I agree ... ideally if we can get it to where the starters of the game are resting by the middle of the first half then we will reduce fatigue and possible injuries as well. If we can have 5 guys to get the lead and then 5-6 guys off the bench to hold the lead, we will be a tough out whenever we play. The interesting thing is more folks are focusing on what Arkie is doing with their roster than what we've been able to amass in the last few days. So we should catch some folks by surprise again.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we have an NBA style rotation. Where we have the entire bench playing at once for extended minutes at a time. I would love to be at scrimmages and see this roster just compete against each other. This is going to be fun.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
With his proven experience and scoring prowess, he'll be hard to keep out of the line-up.

When I watched his video, I thought to myself, if he would have been on this year's team he would have possibly been the most athletic 4 we had (and I'm not sure it would even be close).
I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised on who my impact player review will be on today.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Things could always change, but I think the starting lineup will look like this:

JQ
Shack
Primo
Gurley
Bediako
It's hard to disagree with that. Ellis could be substituted for Primo. I think at the end of the year Ellis was playing better. Primo might be better offensively; Ellis defensively.

Goodness, we have an embarrassment of riches right now!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm having a tough time setting the probable lineup/rotation but here's a stab...format (left starter/right off the bench)

PG - JQ/Davison
SG - Shack/Burnett
SF/SG - Ellis/Primo or Primo/Ellis?
PF/SF - Gurley/Gary
C/PF - Bediako/ Tchikou or Wilson

If we go smaller or for more offensive power I could see a lineup of

PG - JQ/Davison
SG1 - Shack/Burnett
SG2 - Primo/Burnett
SF - Ellis
C/PF - Gurley

That's a Lethal group of Scorer's right there!!!

Last edited:

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
It's hard to disagree with that. Ellis could be substituted for Primo. I think at the end of the year Ellis was playing better. Primo might be better offensively; Ellis defensively.

Goodness, we have an embarrassment of riches right now!
I think Primo is a little better defensively he can guard big guards better

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm having a tough time setting the probable lineup/rotation but here's a stab...format (left starter/right off the bench)

PG - JQ/Davison
SG - Shack/Burnett
SF/SG - Ellis/Primo or Primo/Ellis?
PF/SF - Gurley/Gary
C/PF - Bediako/ Tchikou or Wilson

If we go smaller or for more offensive power I could see a lineup of

PG - JQ/Davison
SG1 - Shack/Burnett
SG2 - Primo/Burnett
SF - Ellis
C/PF - Gurley

That's a Lethal group of Scorer's right there!!!
Tchikou or KAH will most likely start at the 5 spot ... Bediako will most likely have to get up to speed with the system first. if Wilson does decide to go elsewhere then Gary will play more of the 4 spot again with Gurley.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So this is what I'm guessing as a probable depth chart:
1 - JQ/Davison
2 - Shack/Burnett/Miles
3 - Primo/Ellis/Holt
4 - Gary/Gurley/Rojas
5 - Tchikou/KAH/Bediako

Of course this roster may change before the season begins, especially if Wilson decides to come back and someone else decides to transfer. But as of now, I'm hedging on the core players being the starters at the beginning of the season. It takes some time to get used to CNO's system so even though the newcomers are talented, we have to factor in the learning curve. This was considered a top 10 roster before the addition of Bediako, Burnett and Gurley, I'm thinking we are on the verge of a top 5 roster (definitely believe its the case with Wilson).

Gurley has the possibility of moving into a starting role because of his skillset as a shooter. I think Tchikou will most likely get the nod at 5 until we play the bigger teams. KAH will probably see a lot of time between the 4 and 5 spots.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So this is what I'm guessing as a probable depth chart:
1 - JQ/Davison
2 - Shack/Burnett/Miles
3 - Primo/Ellis/Holt
4 - Gary/Gurley/Rojas
5 - Tchikou/KAH/Bediako

Of course this roster may change before the season begins, especially if Wilson decides to come back and someone else decides to transfer. But as of now, I'm hedging on the core players being the starters at the beginning of the season. It takes some time to get used to CNO's system so even though the newcomers are talented, we have to factor in the learning curve. This was considered a top 10 roster before the addition of Bediako, Burnett and Gurley, I'm thinking we are on the verge of a top 5 roster (definitely believe its the case with Wilson).

Gurley has the possibility of moving into a starting role because of his skillset as a shooter. I think Tchikou will most likely get the nod at 5 until we play the bigger teams. KAH will probably see a lot of time between the 4 and 5 spots.
I think some had us ranked #3, post Wilson and pre Burnett and Gurley, so #2 or #1 isn't impossible...

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.