Spring Practice Thread

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The top ranked recruit on your roster before this signing class was Metchie - he was the 40th ranked receiver in his class. Here are four ranked 14th or better. That is crazy.
CORRECT, and we could be discussing guys that were on the roster last year who might see their PT severely impacted by these 4 uber-talented guys

It'll probably take a little time, but it wouldn't shock me to see all four earn more and more PT as the season rolls on.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Baker is a strong route runner with short burst. He's not fast, but he's crisp with his route. Runs 4.88
Metchie is that guy who can get open, but can be inconsistent. Runs 4.60
Bolden- Is good, solid option. Can get open. Reminds me of Wes Welker. Run 4.69 Wes welker ran 4.65.

Those are solid option and The freshmen has a chance to be real good, and might see significant playing time as the season goes along. The current core, Baker, Metchie and Bolden can get the job done, but I still think we need to add a burner and that may be leary. I think we'll have Patriot offense that works up the field with right receivers. WE'll still take a shot down the field, just not as much as Mac did.
Good comparison to Welker for Bolden. He reminds me of Hunter Renfroe, and we all know what kind of pain he was to our secondary for a couple years.

Last edited:

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
Wideouts like Metchie are possession guys. Route running and hands are more pivotal for those guys. That said we have elite speed in house that can stretch the top!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.