More Trouble for LSU & Orgeron Dodges an Invitation from the Legislature

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, I initially thought proving that the Louisiana State University is a Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization would be hard. My feeling was that the Title IX /RICO suits were angles to get into federal court jurisdiction, avoid Tigah-friendly Louisiana state courts, and get a big settlement.

Now, I’m not so sure.

There’s a consistent approach to sexual harassment committed by athletes and employees of the Athletic Department, and it extends beyond that to include regular students.

There is absolutely no credible way to claim that the LSU internal counsel doesn’t know about this. If you do make that claim, you’re admitting that they’re criminally negligent in the execution of their duties. Did they know, or were they negligent? Pick your poison.

The former president got fired from his job at Oregon State for his culpability, the former head football coach got fired from his job at Kansas for the combination of his own actions, and his coverup of the actions of his players.

The interim president removed himself from consideration for the permanent job with timing suspiciously close to the USA Today articles. Under pressure from the Legislature, LSU fired their external counsel of over 80 years.

Side Note: Think on that for a minute — it’s so bad that a body as seedy as the Louisiana State Legislature says, “Enough. You have to fix this.”

Now, the one place in the whole system that handles sexual assault by students is indisputably documented as protecting rapists who happen to be students.

My goodness....if that isn’t Racketeering and Corrupt, I can’t imagine what it would take to chin that bar.

This is getting beyond the claims of one employee, however valid those claims might be. This is now a question of protecting the safety of every student on campus.

To those that might have a more detailed memory than me, a question: Is there any practical difference between what Baylor did under Art Briles and Ken Starr vs. what LSU has been, and still is, doing?

Last edited:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
The system is a mess. Having Universities dole out punishment for things that the court system is for is ripe for trouble. Sometimes it goes against the accused, sometimes it's against the accuser. These things would be better off left to courts and then the school can decide what to do. If a student claims they were assaulted that needs to be handled by the district attorney, not some HR guy for LSU.

Reactions: BhamToTexas

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Well, I initially thought proving that the Louisiana State University is a Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization would be hard. My feeling was that the Title IX /RICO suits were angles to get into federal court jurisdiction, avoid Tigah-friendly Louisiana state courts, and get a big settlement.

Now, I’m not so sure.

There’s a consistent approach to sexual harassment committed by athletes and employees of the Athletic Department, and extends beyond that to include regular students.

There is absolutely no credible way to claim that the LSU internal counsel doesn’t know about this. If you do make that claim, you’re admitting that they’re criminally negligent in the execution of their duties. Pick your poison.

The former president got fired from his job at Oregon State for his culpability, the former head football coach got fired for the combination of his own actions, and his coverup of the actions of his players.

The interim president removed himself from consideration for the permanent job with timing suspiciously close to the USA Today articles. Under pressure from the Legislature, LSU fired their external counsel of over 80 years.

Side Note: Think on that for a minute — it’s so bad that a body as seedy as the Louisiana State Legislature says, “Enough. You have to fix this.”

Now, the one place in the whole system that handles sexual assault by students is indisputably documented as protecting rapists who happen to be students.

My goodness....if that isn’t Racketeering and Corrupt, I can’t imagine what it would take to chin that bar.

This is getting beyond the claims of one employee, however valid that claim might be. This is now a question of protecting the safety of every student on campus.

To those that might have a more detailed memory than me, a question: Is there any practical difference between what Baylor under Briles and Starr did vs. what LSU has been, and still is, doing?
WOW!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Now, I’m not so sure.

There’s a consistent approach to sexual harassment committed by athletes and employees of the Athletic Department, and it extends beyond that to include regular students.

There is absolutely no credible way to claim that the LSU internal counsel doesn’t know about this. If you do make that claim, you’re admitting that they’re criminally negligent in the execution of their duties. Did they know, or were they negligent? Pick your poison.

The former president got fired from his job at Oregon State for his culpability, the former head football coach got fired from his job at Kansas for the combination of his own actions, and his coverup of the actions of his players.

This is getting beyond the claims of one employee, however valid those claims might be. This is now a question of protecting the safety of every student on campus.

To those that might have a more detailed memory than me, a question: Is there any practical difference between what Baylor did under Art Briles and Ken Starr vs. what LSU has been, and still is, doing?
They’re good at football and the bell cow University for their state.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Given the issues in Baton Rouge around Title IX and lawsuits flying left and right, I can't help but wonder why Kim Mulkey would leave Baylor to go swim in that cesspool? You're now the head coach of probably the top women's program on that campus. Several of these young women filing suit are former athletes in the school's programs. Isn't Mulkey at least a little bit concerned about the way this has been handled not only as it relates to female student athletes but female students on that campus?

I know it has been reported that Mulkey had a "strained" relationship with the Baylor administration (AD Mack Rhoades). I believe Rhoades came in after the Art Briles scandal and Mulkey was tremendously vocal in her support for Briles.

Mulkey is a winner. No one questions that. But how can one, especially as the head coach of the women's basketball program at Baylor, not place the concerns of female students/student athletes ahead of "the program"? In that regard it comes across, at least to me, of Mulkey being completely "tone deaf" to the mess in Baton Rouge. If she is coming to LSU to be part of the solution to fix this mess, then okay. But given the history at Baylor, how can Mulkey be part of solution at Baton Rouge when it seems she did little to promote a change of culture in Waco?

Just thinking out loud here......

But I guess Mulkey has plenty of reasons to take the job. When your circle of influence in fades in one place and someone offers you 23.6 million reasons to come swim in their backyard, albeit a cesspool instead of a swimming pool then jump in because "the water here is just fine".

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Given the issues in Baton Rouge around Title IX and lawsuits flying left and right, I can't help but wonder why Kim Mulkey would leave Baylor to go swim in that cesspool? You're now the head coach of probably the top women's program on that campus. Several of these young women filing suit are former athletes in the school's programs. Isn't Mulkey at least a little bit concerned about the way this has been handled not only as it relates to female student athletes but female students on that campus?

I know it has been reported that Mulkey had a "strained" relationship with the Baylor administration (AD Mack Rhoades). I believe Rhoades came in after the Art Briles scandal and Mulkey was tremendously vocal in her support for Briles.

Mulkey is a winner. No one questions that. But how can one, especially as the head coach of the women's basketball program at Baylor, not place the concerns of female students/student athletes ahead of "the program"? In that regard it comes across, at least to me, of Mulkey being completely "tone deaf" to the mess in Baton Rouge. If she is coming to LSU to be part of the solution to fix this mess, then okay. But given the history at Baylor, how can Mulkey be part of solution at Baton Rouge when it seems she did little to promote a change of culture in Waco?

But I guess Mulkey has plenty of reasons to take the job. When your circle of influence in fades in one place and someone offers you 23.6 million reasons to come swim in their backyard, albeit a cesspool instead of a swimming pool then jump in because "the water here is just fine".
$23.6M (total) for a women's basketball coach...?!? :oops:

Kind of makes $4M a year for Saban (back in 2007) seem lame. Remember all the flack we caught for that?

Reactions: dtgreg

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

I wondered about this, too. And in defending the reputation of Baylor following their issues, she told a crowd that if anyone ever told them not to send their daughters to that school, they should hit them in the face. Not that LSU's judgment could be any more questionable, but now they go out and hire a woman who encouraged assault.

Clip:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I wondered about this, too. And in defending the reputation of Baylor following their issues, she told a crowd that if anyone ever told them not to send their daughters to that school, they should hit them in the face. Not that LSU's judgment could be any more questionable, but now they go out and hire a woman who encouraged assault.

Clip:
Unbelievable. If you disagree with me, you deserve to be physically beaten..

This coming from a highly-compensated face of the university. SMH

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Stumbled across the article below while checking out the news.

Forgetting politics for a minute, this woman has a lot in common with Donald Trump’s personal characteristics…..narcissistic, paranoid, vindictive, misplaced priorities, and thinks she has expertise on topics on which she has no background or training.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att...-175844221.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_11

She’s a loose cannon, and that’s a vast understatement. Hiring her into an Athletic Department that’s already an administrative dumpster fire is like exposing phosphorous to oxygen. This won’t end well for the Tigahs.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Stumbled across the article below while checking out the news.

Forgetting politics for a minute, this woman has a lot in common with Donald Trump’s personal characteristics…..narcissistic, paranoid, vindictive, misplaced priorities, and thinks she has expertise on topics on which she has no background or training.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att...-175844221.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_11

She’s a loose cannon, and that’s a vast understatement. Hiring her into an Athletic Department that’s already an administrative dumpster fire is like exposing phosphorous to oxygen. This won’t end well for the Tigahs.
She seems nice.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I honestly wondered a lot of the same

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.