Josh Duggar arrested again

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

The poisonous system that protected Josh Duggar. Shame that we as a country though the Duggars were reality TV schlock than an aberrant and dangerous lifestyle and mindset.
I watched that show all of 15 minutes and turned it off - it was disgusting.
I'm all about teaching kids personal responsibility and helping with the younger ones. But all the girls were turned into maids. It made me angry so not worth watching.

Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004

The poisonous system that protected Josh Duggar. Shame that we as a country though the Duggars were reality TV schlock than an aberrant and dangerous lifestyle and mindset.
Oh thats just awful... I read the whole thread.
From the same curriculum....
Blame the 4 year old for getting molested.
These people are sick bastards. Idk how you combat something this horrible when they view it as part of their faith. It's absolutely disgusting.
I suppose you could report to cps, but likely in these circumstances they aren't in public school, and have doctors with similar mindsets, so the kids have no safe adults to report to.
Public school, normal doctors, scout leaders - all are mandatory reporters. But these kids wouldn't have interaction with any of them.

SmartSelect_20210502-101615_Twitter.jpg

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

This makes me want to vomit. I hope he gets the maximum penalty. No matter how they want to label themselves, they are not Bible-believing/practicing Christians. They are evil cult leaders who are abusing children on many levels. Unfortunately, I know some who are like them in my fellowship. My wife is a public school teacher and we support public education. We've been called everything under the sun by them. In the name of Jesus of course ;)

Reactions: MobtownK

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I saw an article earlier that said his wife was standing by him. She is the definition of enabler.
Put yourself in her shoes. She's literally in a cult, man. She really doesn't have many options. I can’t imagine she has much real choice about leaving. She’s a 32-year-old mother of 6 with a 7th on the way.

She has a high school education at best and is surrounded by people who will push her to forgive him, including her own mom and dad. She's likely never dated anyone but him and DEFINITELY has had no other serious romantic relationships.

Extreme social isolation is one of the most extreme markers of a cult there is.

There's little she can do.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
As I said 6 years ago and reiterated earlier in the thread:

"My scenario is: she’ll apologize for her sin of not being desirable enough to keep him faithful or being too demanding that he take out the garbage, or whatever else made her not ****able enough to keep him from sinning. Because Josh Duggar’s sexual urges are not Josh Duggar’s fault. They are the fault of his wife who was not attractive or available enough. She's very likely been conditioned to think that way and I'm sure the family will encourage it. Chattel doesn’t really get to complain about what its owner does. _"
This is really beyond her. She's essentially a slave. This is what the "quiverfull" movement is. It makes chattel out of women in the modern era.

This isn't at all unique to the more awful, legalistic branches of evangelicalism. Maybe I've mentioned it in the past, but my wife and my older daughters were Jehovah's Witnesses when we met. Her situation wasn't much different.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Maybe I've mentioned it in the past, but my wife and my older daughters were Jehovah's Witnesses when we met.
Jeez I looked and I last mentioned it 6½ years ago. Where has the time gone?

Long story short it amounted to "him (Dub) or us?" (the Kingdom Hall).

Biggest problem was "us" included an abusive ex the elders preferred she remain married to rather than date a "secular" man. Said ex is currently enjoying a prime villa in Kilby for what he did to her and my older girls, and was in said villa at the time the elders issued their edict to her. Kidnapping and menacing charges for those curious. He held them at gunpoint.

Obviously, as we're married now and said girls are legally my daughters, she was promptly disfellowshiped, i.e. formally shunned. According to JW doctrine she remains disfellowshiped to this day.

I have my CCP and pack heat, and my wife knows where my guns are and how to use them in the event he ever shows up.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Biggest problem was "us" included an abusive ex the elders preferred she remain married to rather than date a "secular" man. Said ex is currently enjoying a prime villa in Kilby for what he did to her and my older girls, and was in said villa at the time the elders issued their edict to her. Kidnapping and menacing charges for those curious. He held them at gunpoint.

Obviously, as we're married now and said girls are legally my daughters, she was promptly disfellowshiped, i.e. formally shunned. According to JW doctrine she remains disfellowshiped to this day.

I have my CCP and pack heat, and my wife knows where my guns are and how to use them in the event he ever shows up.
JMO, but I think most religions are disgusting. I don't just mean the people - the religions themselves.

Reactions: Jon

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I either missed you mentioning it or I forgot it. Did not know you weren’t the bio dad of all your kids. It is great you stepped in and became their real dad and they have a positive role model and not a sicko like him around.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004

I'm sure you either are or will - but teach your daughters how to shoot safely too. It may benefit them someday. I wish I had learned growing up instead of an adult. Not that I'd have done any differently, but would have been less nervewracking to learn.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I either missed you mentioning it or I forgot it. Did not know you weren’t the bio dad of all your kids. It is great you stepped in and became their real dad and they have a positive role model and not a sicko like him around.
Thanks, man. Today actually marks my 7th year as the luckiest man alive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.