Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
People who "struggle" at making decisions that involve more than themselves. You can apply this in the car with friends or family when the age-old question of "where do you wanna eat?" comes up, or in your job, or someone in a leadership position in non-workgroup, etc. It drives me nuts to see someone in response to a situation that calls for a decision to "Um, well, what do y'all think, uh, umm". MAKE A DANG DECISION!!!!

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
People who "struggle" at making decisions that involve more than themselves. You can apply this in the car with friends or family when the age-old question of "where do you wanna eat?" comes up, or in your job, or someone in a leadership position in non-workgroup, etc. It drives me nuts to see someone in response to a situation that calls for a decision to "Um, well, what do y'all think, uh, umm". MAKE A DANG DECISION!!!!
My wife is the world's worst about deciding on a place to eat. She always says it doesn't matter and then you suggest a place she says I don't want to eat there. I hope to take her here one day. LOL
1619113655388.png

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My wife is the world's worst about deciding on a place to eat. She always says it doesn't matter and then you you suggest a place she says I don't want to eat there. I hope to take her here one day. LOL
View attachment 16115
That seems to be a female thing to do, say they don't care and then object to any place you suggest. When I say "I don't care". I really don't care. I just want to eat food for survival. Unless her answer is "let's try that vegan place", then I care. The answer to that is a resounding hell no.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
That seems to be a female thing to do, say they don't care and then object to any place you suggest. When I say "I don't care". I really don't care. I just want to eat food for survival. Unless her answer is "let's try that vegan place", then I care. The answer to that is a resounding hell no.
As it should be for any "real man"!!!! LOL!

Last edited:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I've got a few...

(1) People who tailgate me when I'm driving. Prepare for me to go 2 mph until you.get.off.my.rear!
(2) People who drive behind me when I'm backing out of a parking spot. These people are too stupid to have a license. Penalty should be 90 days in jail or a forced stay in Auburn. Seriously, they're that stupid.
(3) Reality TV. I live reality every day. Don't need to see it on TV.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I've got a few...

(1) People who tailgate me when I'm driving. Prepare for me to go 2 mph until you.get.off.my.rear!
(2) People who drive behind me when I'm backing out of a parking spot. These people are too stupid to have a license. Penalty should be 90 days in jail or a forced stay in Auburn. Seriously, they're that stupid.
(3) Reality TV. I live reality every day. Don't need to see it on TV.
Man what a grumpy old misanthrope!! :)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
People that complain about "bad traffic" when they live in a place that does not hold a candle to the bad traffic in places like Atlanta, Houston, LA, etc. I have relatives that complain about 280 in Birmingham (the area is not even Birmingham really). They think that is bad traffic because it is bad what twice a day? How about having nightmare traffic 18 hours day. 400 in Atlanta/Cobb County is a freaking nightmare at all hours of the day. 285 near Roswell Road sucks at all times. Seriously what the hell is on Roswell Road that causes massive traffic back-up both ways and it doesn't matter what time of day? I am seriously starting to think they are paying one million people to just drive around and stall traffic in these areas. When there are Braves games, the traffic is not as bad as it is at Roswell Road. So again what the hell is on that damn road?

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: The Ols and 92tide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
People that complain about "bad traffic" when they live in a place that does not hold a candle to the bad traffic in places like Atlanta, Houston, LA, etc. I have relatives that complain about 280 in Birmingham (the area is not even Birmingham really). They think that is bad traffic because it is bad what twice a day? How about having nightmare traffic 18 hours day. 400 in Atlanta/Cobb County is a freaking nightmare at all hours of the day. 285 near Roswell Road sucks at all times. Seriously what the hell is on Roswell Road that causes massive traffic back-up both ways and it doesn't matter what time of day? I am seriously starting to think they are paying one million people to just drive around and stall traffic in these areas. When there are Braves games, the traffic is not as bad as it is at Roswell Road. So again what the hell is on that damn road?

Probably cyclists... :ROFLMAO:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Passive-aggressive people in general, but specifically in the workplace. People who deal with office disagreements and conflicts in this manner are toxic to a department. What ultimately happens is the issue never gets resolved because the passive-aggressive person never directly addresses the issue with the person that wronged them. They just subtly do or say things to "needle" and get their revenge on the other person or persons. It is very childish.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the connector is pretty much a parking lot all of the time. i-75 south from the airport is always a goat show at least until you get past locust grove.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I was going to post something on here about bicyclists not understanding the hand signal for a right turn (left arm extended straight out and bent upward at elbow) but apparently there is an alternative signal using the right arm extended straight out. The original signals were all based on the fact that cyclists were traveling in the same direction as traffic and as such using the left arm would be more visible to motorists.

Old dog new tricks....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Passive-aggressive people in general, but specifically in the workplace. People who deal with office disagreements and conflicts in this manner are toxic to a department. What ultimately happens is the issue never gets resolved because the passive-aggressive person never directly addresses the issue with the person that wronged them. They just subtly do or say things to "needle" and get their revenge on the other person or persons. It is very childish.
in my experience, that's usually because their real issue is internal

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
in my experience, that's usually because their real issue is internal
I have a co-worker (who thank god I don't work directly with) who is about as passive-aggressive of a person as I've ever been around. It is exhausting because though she is doing it to one or two co-workers that I don't work directly with, it ultimately impacts me because all of our work is connected (Accounting/Finance Department).

Reactions: 92tide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'd guesstimate that 95% of the population is passive-aggressive. It's so annoying that people won't just say what they think.

I know there are people who think I'm a jerk because I don't dance around stuff but rather go straight to the point, but I don't really care.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Tell me about it. I live in Woodstock and work in Marietta. If it wasn't for work I would never leave Woodstock except to go on vacation. At least until I convince my wife to move once we retire to the panhandle.

Reactions: Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.