Jags cut Tim Tebow at Tight End...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

He was a college player so I guess here is OK for now.

This'll be interesting. (My brother the newsman says it's a done deal, but I'm not seeing that yet).
Thus I added "to" so I'm not accused of rumormongering.

Reactions: Bazza

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
He will be a serviceable tight end...and an asset in the locker room.
With all respect, I'm not so sure about that. Wasn't it because his proselytizing caused problems in the pro locker rooms one of the reasons he didn't hang around? IMHO, this is a smoke screen to 1) sell more tickets, and 2) have someone bigger on the roster to take pressure off Sunshine.

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
With all respect, I'm not so sure about that. Wasn't it because his proselytizing caused problems in the pro locker rooms one of the reasons he didn't hang around? IMHO, this is a smoke screen to 1) sell more tickets, and 2) have someone bigger on the roster to take pressure off Sunshine.
Yeah, getting the gator great on the roster would probably get more butts in seats. Florida fans will show up and cheer and Seminole fans will boo. Either way, ticket sold

Reactions: Bazza

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Will he jog off the practice field in the rain with no shirt?
seriously, he was listed at 6’3”, 245 pounds on NFL.com in 2015. With his gym exploits, he looks every bit of 280 now. I mean, he is a monster . If he swallows his pride, I think he could be a blocking TE with some pass catching/ trick play ability. Like him or not as a QB, there Was no doubting him as a football player.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He didn’t stay in the league because he couldn’t read defenses well enough to play QB unless It was late in the game., and refused to change positions full time. Shrewd move by Urban, as you are right . He will deflect from Trevor. Last time Tebow was in the league the entire sports reporting world followed him around. I’m sure it won’t be like that this time, but there will be some attention paid to TT!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Will he jog off the practice field in the rain with no shirt?
seriously, he was listed at 6’3”, 245 pounds on NFL.com in 2015. With his gym exploits, he looks every bit of 280 now. I mean, he is a monster . If he swallows his pride, I think he could be a blocking TE with some pass catching/ trick play ability. Like him or not as a QB, there Was no doubting him as a football player.
Zero question he's a physical beast and a great athlete. I'm not surprised one bit he made the cut. And he'll be an asset, imo.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
No, he didn't hang around because his passing mechanics were worse than mine, and he just didn't have it. What's confusing me, though, is that I sure recall them saying (as with Hurts) that "well, can't play QB in the NFL but maybe tight end." Incidentally, his mentor as tight end, I guess, would be Aaron Hernandez.

I actually agree, though, with the fact this would never happen if it wasn't Urban in Jacksonville. But then again, I'm old enough to remember when Ditka sent Refrigerator Perry in to run offensive plays as if that was some sort of big deal. You could have taken 50 other athletic defensive players who were in better shape than the Fridge and the could have done the same thing. Fridge DID get rich on that, though.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Oh shoot that reminds me of something.

Fridge played at Clemson (on their national title team, in fact) and while he was there they got hit with a probation that included a two-year TV ban. Asked what he thought of the probation, Perry said, "The toughest part is we can't watch TV for two years."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No, he didn't hang around because his passing mechanics were worse than mine, and he just didn't have it. What's confusing me, though, is that I sure recall them saying (as with Hurts) that "well, can't play QB in the NFL but maybe tight end." Incidentally, his mentor as tight end, I guess, would be Aaron Hernandez.

I actually agree, though, with the fact this would never happen if it wasn't Urban in Jacksonville. But then again, I'm old enough to remember when Ditka sent Refrigerator Perry in to run offensive plays as if that was some sort of big deal. You could have taken 50 other athletic defensive players who were in better shape than the Fridge and the could have done the same thing. Fridge DID get rich on that, though.
I was watching a replay of the 2009 BCS title game between Florida and Oklahoma. I kept thinking, while watching Tebow throw the ball, why in the world did anyone think this guy was an NFL QB? His throwing motion was painful to watch.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was watching a replay of the 2009 BCS title game between Florida and Oklahoma. I kept thinking, while watching Tebow throw the ball, why in the world did anyone think this guy was an NFL QB? His throwing motion was painful to watch.
He was like Charlie Ward in this sense - I could see someone like, say, New England taking him with a low round draft pick as a "just in case" and try with him. Drafting him as early as Denver did? Totally nuts.

Great kid, great college player, not NFL material.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.