Jags cut Tim Tebow at Tight End...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Tebow can make the team as a TE. As I said somewhere earlier, he should have done this years ago. He is athletic enough. There are guys who have had fantastic careers as a TE and they played a year of high school football or less. Wasn't Antonio Gates of the Charges a basketball player?

Tebow has the build for it, the athleticism for it, and the football acumen for it. Maybe he's too old to now have more than a couple of seasons, but I still say its doable for a season or two.

Now would this be happening if not for Urban Meyer? No chance in hell.

Reactions: kyallie and Con

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Tebow can make the team as a TE. As I said somewhere earlier, he should have done this years ago. He is athletic enough. There are guys who have had fantastic careers as a TE and they played a year of high school football or less. Wasn't Antonio Gates of the Charges a basketball player?

Tebow has the build for it, the athleticism for it, and the football acumen for it. Maybe he's too old to now have more than a couple of seasons, but I still say its doable for a season or two.

Now would this be happening if not for Urban Meyer? No chance in hell.
Tebow's pride is what kept him from doing this from the get-go. It was obvious by how slow, deliberate, and fundamentally flawed his throwing was, that he was not going to be a successful NFL quarterback.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Tebow's pride is what kept him from doing this from the get-go. It was obvious by how slow, deliberate, and fundamentally flawed his throwing was, that he was not going to be a successful NFL quarterback.
Agreed.

And I understand it but then again I don't. Do you want an NFL career or not? But then again if you have an ego, if you want the most money instead of well a lot of money, and if you want the spotlight, then TE or FB isn't going to supply the glory that QB will.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not everyone respects Tebow and if any of this is true I don't blame them.

LINK

A quote from a former Tebow teammate at Denver:

View attachment 16348
Let's see....

it's in John Elway's book.......you know....the John Elway who said coming out of Stanford when he was going to get drafted, "I want to play for a contender."

And it might ALL be true.
And it might also be someone wanting to sell books, too.

I'll concur with the musings about the completely irrational fans who practically worshipped the dude, though. That was unlike anything I've ever seen with one exception...involving many of those same people.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Let's see....

it's in John Elway's book.......you know....the John Elway who said coming out of Stanford when he was going to get drafted, "I want to play for a contender."

And it might ALL be true.
And it might also be someone wanting to sell books, too.

I'll concur with the musings about the completely irrational fans who practically worshipped the dude, though. That was unlike anything I've ever seen with one exception...involving many of those same people.
My guess is it is all true, including Elway wanting to sell books. Tebow getting an opportunity at TE isn't being well received by some in the NFL, even some on what may end up being his own team.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Unnamed teammates? It's gotta be true!
Ultimately, what he does on the football field with regard to his production and the value he brings to the team is all that will matter. But what he charges for speaking and making appearances at churches isn't up for debate. But that conversation is for another board so I'll leave it be...

Reactions: dtgreg

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Some of what's in that book doesn't surprise me.

I'm not a huge Tebow fan ever since I heard how much it cost for him to speak at a Christian event in Montgomery many years ago (talking in the 10s of thousands). Anyone demanding that much money is doing it for the wrong reasons. His "Christianity" act took a hit with me on that day. I can't stand money hungry religious folks.

Him trying the NFL again is just sad. Give it up dude. He's not a pro player, maybe he should have switch positions 2 decades ago and had a decent career but his ego always gets in the way. Oh, he'll grab a ton of headlines, Urban will talk him up like the second coming of Jesus. He'll see little success on the field, if at all. I mean, many players are retiring at this age, not starting over. Honestly, this is just sad from both Tebow and Urban. This man love they have is old. Let it go already.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.