Turnage puts name in transfer portal. (Update - to UGA, then fourteenessee)...

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Thus isn’t surprising we have lot of depth in secondary with guys returning and bringing in some top recruits. I expect some WR to join him with his crowded it is with few guys that didn’t get much playing time and 4 top recruits coming in for this season.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Really hate this. He’s a kid out of Oxford, MS and was one of first to commit to Alabama in his class. And even when others tried to flip him, Brandon remained committed.

I know early on in his freshman year, he showed a lot of promise. But that is a really crowded and talented DB room.

Best of luck to Brandon. Hope he finds a good landing spot.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Waited until his junior year before deciding it was time to move on. I can respect him giving effort and helping the team get better even while just on the practice squad. Good luck Mr. Turnage wherever you go and thank you for your contributions to the team.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I always worry we will lose a “gamer” with these transfers, some player who just has “it”. Something that doesn’t come out in practice, but in the games. I realize that’s against Saban’s philosophy (practice until you can’t get it wrong), but I still worry nonetheless.

Best of luck sir, thank you for being a class individual.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Good move by the kid. No hard feelings at all about this. Georgia secondary is thin right now so he can make a move to get playing time. This is how college football is now and I can’t fault the kid for making a business decision within the rules of the system.
Well said...he has to look out for himself. Quite honestly if he could not start here then I doubt he will hurt us there. Let's stop the "hating" on players that transfer...that's the way the game is played today.

Reactions: seebell

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Well said...he has to look out for himself. Quite honestly if he could not start here then I doubt he will hurt us there. Let's stop the "hating" on players that transfer...that's the way the game is played today.
just got to say I have been really impressed with everyone on this and other bama boards attitude about this. Tennessee fans want to pretend they are no different than anyone else is when called out over lashing out at Henry ToTo’s transfer.

Reactions: Padreruf

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
No problem with this. Hopefully, he gave it his best shot, but he wasn't going to start or play much at Bama, most likely. We'll get some and lose some via the portal. On balance, we've come out well ahead with these moves/transfers.

Last edited:

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Fun fact: The past 5 DB's from the state of Mississippi, prior to the 2021 class, have all transferred out. The last one who played out his career at Bama was Justin Woodall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.