COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part IV

Got Vaccine?

• I am fully vaccinated

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • I have received all doses and waiting the 14 days to be considered fully vaccinated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have received one dose of a two dose vaccine

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I am scheduled for a vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am still not sure and have questions. See comment

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no plans to get vaccinated

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Just picking up where we left off. The last page of the Part III thread can be found here.

I encourage anyone with questions or concerns about these vaccines to ask questions. If you are hesitant then let's discuss it. If your goal is to sow FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) then keep moving along.

These vaccines are safe and effective, as shown in multiple studies. Over 139M Americans are fully vaccinated. More than 302M doses have been given to Americans. There have been very few severe adverse effects and many lives have been saved. The numbers of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths fell off a cliff once the vaccines were introduced. In areas where vaccine uptake is high (like CA), COVID-19 numbers are way down. In places where vaccine uptake is low (like AL), COVID-19 numbers are not falling as quickly or they are actually rising.

The conspiracy theories are too numerous and ever changing to debunk them all. Just know that the loudest opposition to the vaccines have the most to gain through the public's ignorance (books, speaking fees, supplements, and in at least one case trying to develop their own COVID-19 vaccine). Your best interests are not their concern.

Meanwhile, the top experts in epidemiology and infectious disease strongly recommend these vaccines to most everyone. I know which group I'd trust.

Anyway, discussion below. Please answer poll questions. Answers are private, but can be changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I get my 2nd Moderna dose in about a week and wanted to ask a question since I've read that a lot of people are having a much worse time with the 2nd.

So it seems that many are experiencing 'flu-like' symptoms as far as running a decently high Temp with Chills and Body Aches etc to the point of describing it as getting hit by a mack truck.

For those that went through this how did you manage the symptoms? Did you just take something like Tylenol/Advil/Aleve for the symptoms and drink lots of liquids?

I've heard that it might only last a day or two at most but I just want to make sure I'm ready in case. I've only had the actual flu one time in my life and I thought I was going to die from the fever alone.
I didn't want this post to get lost in the changeover to the new thread so quoted it here so TNR could have input from others.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

“It’s a very clear result,” Duchin said. “It leads to a basic conclusion: Who’s left to catch COVID-19? People who are unvaccinated.”

This isn’t an isolated finding. Across the state, the Washington State Department of Health reports that between April 3 and May 29, there were 1,358 “breakthrough” cases in which someone who was fully vaxxed still caught COVID. But during that same period, the state reported 63,751 cases among the unvaccinated — which is 98% of the total.

“We’re getting to the point where it’s a tale of two societies,” says Dr. Umair Shah, the state health secretary.

Shah reported this past week that unvaccinated people between ages 45 and 64 are now being hospitalized for COVID at rates 21 times higher than the vaccinated.

“It’s throughout the country that you’re seeing this split,” he said. “You have one society that is protected fully and is starting to go about its business … and another that is still at high risk of transmission and infection.”

Recently the hospital in Bend, Oregon, reported that it had seen 500 COVID patients since March — and 98% of them were unvaccinated.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My 13 year old daughter got her second shot on Saturday. She has felt fine except for a headache all day yesterday.

If the ever open up vaccines to 11 year olds, my twins will be some of the first in line. I'm ready for the whole family to be protected.
same here, i'm ready for my daughter (turning 10 this summer) to get vaccinated

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
“The take-home message from me — and I tell everyone – is all these vaccines are great,” said Richard Webby, Ph.D, a faculty member in the St. JudeDepartment of Infectious Diseases.

Webby, the internationally renowned researcher who also directs the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Studies on the Ecology of Influenza in Birds and Animals, said people often ask him which of the available vaccines they should take. “My answer is easy: Whichever one you can get first.”
St. Jude experts tout benefits and safety of COVID-19 vaccines

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The latest whackadoodle conspiracy COVD theory is that the vaccine contains a metal that causes the human body to become magnetized.

not enough facepalms in the universe...
Oddly enough, my mother was magnetized. She had the normal vaccinations. The only thing about her health out of the ordinary was chronic malaria. Things didn't stick to her, but, once a year or so, her watch would grind to a halt and she would take it in for demagnetization. Just one of those things you take for granted as a kid...

Reactions: MobtownK

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Oddly enough, my mother was magnetized. She had the normal vaccinations. The only thing about her health out of the ordinary was chronic malaria. Things didn't stick to her, but, once a year or so, her watch would grind to a halt and she would take it in for demagnetization. Just one of those things you take for granted as a kid...
So that's where you got your attraction to metal body parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.