2021 NBA Draft Combine notes ... BAMA related

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Sounding like Primo is going to get drafted by a terrible team.
If he continues to show out, I wont be surprised to see him move up to be drafted in the 15-20 range which would put him first round. That would be more than enough incentive to stay in the draft. I would him to come back to be a lottery pick next year, but its hard to pass up being drafted in the first round from a business move. Pulling for him regardless of what he decides.

I went ahead and set my dvr to record the combine to see how he does today.

I think both Petty and Herb plays tomorrow.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
If he continues to show out, I wont be surprised to see him move up to be drafted in the 15-20 range which would put him first round. That would be more than enough incentive to stay in the draft. I would him to come back to be a lottery pick next year, but its hard to pass up being drafted in the first round from a business move. Pulling for him regardless of what he decides.

The Rockets have the 23rd and 24th pick. ;)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The Rockets have the 23rd and 24th pick. ;)

Please not Houston lol ... they've been having organization issues as of late. I know the Bulls were interested at the beginning but that's changed for some reason. ESPN mock draft has him going to the Pelicans at 35 BUT this was before the combine started. If his upward trend continues, he could be the 3rd SG off the board. If for some reason, he still doesn't look to crack the first round, he definitely needs to come back.

Side note, I'm glad my Pistons have the first pick, they should make a lot of noise this draft. They have like 4 picks

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Please not Houston lol ... they've been having organization issues as of late. I know the Bulls were interested at the beginning but that's changed for some reason. ESPN mock draft has him going to the Pelicans at 35 BUT this was before the combine started. If his upward trend continues, he could be the 3rd SG off the board. If for some reason, he still doesn't look to crack the first round, he definitely needs to come back.

Side note, I'm glad my Pistons have the first pick, they should make a lot of noise this draft. They have like 4 picks
Their organizational issue is Fertitta :). And kowtowing to Harden for years.

Cunningham is a lock to Detroit. Houston would be looking at Jalen Green or Mobley, unless they trade the pick. I'd rather them get Green, but if they get Mobley, Primo would be a good pick at 23/24.

They have some bad contracts with Wall and Gordon, so if trading the pick unloads one of these that's ok too.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Primo's team won in solid fashion.

• Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland and Makur Maker were the standouts for team one and two respectively.

• Primo got praise for making good decisions with the basketball. You can definitely see the talent. He got a call-out from one of the analysts at the end of the game when as "who was one of the players that impressed you?"

• Jusang had a really unassuming game.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I can't stand the NBA anymore and that's sad because it appears we are about to be putting players in there at the same rate the football team puts guys in the NFL.
I gotcha, but look at it this way, just like with the football program, it only helps build the credibility of our program RTR. :cool:

and on a side note ... we now have TWO sports to talk about on here year round lol

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

TIFWIW, I heard on a local Bham sportscast that Petty decided not to play since he feels like he can not improve his draft stock by playing.

• Facepalm
Reactions: seebell

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
TIFWIW, I heard on a local Bham sportscast that Petty decided not to play since he feels like he can not improve his draft stock by playing.
Interesting...but makes sense. Would have thought he would have needed to play though. But at the same time can see it hurting him if he didn't perform well. I think Primo, Makur and the kid from VCU really helped their stock yesterday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.