Do You Want Oklahoma And Texas To Join The SEC?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

What's your choice?

• Yes

Votes: 49 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 55.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 29 16.7%

• Total voters

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yes. They are going to joins some league. Might as well be the SEC.

As for the worries about Texas, I’m of the opinion Nebraska was just as uncooperative and condescending as they were in the Big 12. And Nebraska (and OU) ran the Big 8 much like Texas did the SWC. Nebraska has been mouthy since joining the Big Ten, but tell me how many times they’ve gotten their way….

Yeah. Texas will talk. Preen and prance around. They’re not getting anything unless it’s determined to be for the best for the league.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes. They are going to joins some league. Might as well be the SEC.

As for the worries about Texas, I’m of the opinion Nebraska was just as uncooperative and condescending as they were in the Big 12. And Nebraska (and OU) ran the Big 8 much like Texas did the SWC. Nebraska has been mouthy since joining the Big Ten, but tell me how many times they’ve gotten their way….

Yeah. Texas will talk. Preen and prance around. They’re not getting anything unless it’s determined to be for the best for the league.
Nebraska bolted more because they couldn’t accept that Missouri was getting invited to the B1G and they weren’t. Yes they hate Texas, but it was more because they couldn’t beat them. Hell just look at them trying to get out of the Oklahoma game this year. That tells you a lot.

Texas does bully but without aTm, Nebraska, and Missouri really who besides Oklahoma can push back? They only had to make Oklahoma happy and everyone else got what they got. But I really hope they don’t try to demand stuff. Like the horns down nonsense, the SECCG and SECT relocation, or financials.

Nebraska is Texas without the money and recruiting.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Nebraska bolted more because they couldn’t accept that Missouri was getting invited to the B1G and they weren’t. Yes they hate Texas, but it was more because they couldn’t beat them. Hell just look at them trying to get out of the Oklahoma game this year. That tells you a lot.

Texas does bully but without aTm, Nebraska, and Missouri really who besides Oklahoma can push back? They only had to make Oklahoma happy and everyone else got what they got. But I really hope they don’t try to demand stuff. Like the horns down nonsense, the SECCG and SECT relocation, or financials.

Nebraska is Texas without the money and recruiting.
Yes but wasn’t always the case. With Nebraska, that is. In 1996, they were every bit as powerful as Texas. I always found it curious that all of the Big 12 spats would break Texas’s way. Then it occurred to me. Maybe the rest Big 8 hated Nebraska so much they would have rather voted with Texas just to spite the Huskers.

Think about it. 8 is greater than 4. Theoretically every vote should have broke Nebraska’s way but they never did.

I’m sure UT is going to bring its arrogance to the table. But in the end, they must persuade a majority to vote with them. Not bloody likely.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Count me as yes, no, AND undecided.

There are pros to adding these two teams and there are cons.

I have legitimate concerns about how they will take on their role as equals with the other member institutions (I have no doubt they will be made to behave where it really counts). They've never really been good team players, particularly the orange team.

SEC football will certainly be even more powerful and more interesting to watch. There will be more money for everyone with the additions.

I don't know. They seem a little iffy to me.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I have not heard a good reason how this expansion benefits the current 14 schools in the SEC.

TD10

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2009
No. Too big. Don't need them. They need us. The SEC had won 6 straight football national championships before Texas A&M and Missouri joined and I believe 3 basketball national championships in 6 or 7 years.

Reactions: GP for Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.