Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part V

What's your vaccination status?

• Fully Vaccinated

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Partially Vaccinated OR Scheduled

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • You can place that vaccine in my cold dead arm when COVID kills me!1!!1!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Something Else: See Comments

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
We were making good progress on vaccinations, then something changed and we are still far away from reaching a level of vaccination that would provide the herd good immunity to protect the more vulnerable - to include children, immunocompromised, cancer patients, those with autoimmune disorders, diabetics, chronic kidney disease patients, and others.

Politics seems to be in play for some, while others genuinely fear vaccines more than the deadly disease that the vaccines protect against.

Disinformation is a nightmare and social media has no effective answer for it, or else they choose not to deploy the solution in favor of the Benjamins.

Meanwhile, the Delta variant has begun its rampage across the nation. A swath of states from Missouri to Louisiana to Florida and points between are being hit hardest. Other areas are not being spared, but this swath of states are among the least vaccinated so it makes sense they are being hit hardest.

It has been reported that >99% of deaths from COVID-19 are in unvaccinated persons. Most of those who are vaccinated who die are very old and very sick. Most others either don't get sick, have mild symptoms, or at worst spend a night or two in the hospital before being sent home.

Reports all over that people in their 20-40's are being hospitalized and ventilated and dying in far greater numbers and as a percent of patients since Delta came on scene. Several children have reportedly died, including a Georgia deputy's 5 year old son. This is not 2020's coronavirus.

Just as vaccinated people are becoming sick, so too are previously infected people. Previous infection protects more poorly than vaccines, especially with Delta.

In areas of high transmission (most every state South of the Mason Dixon) vaccinated people are being advised to wear a mask. This includes Alabama and any areas with moderate to high transmission rates anywhere. Those who are higher risk should consider wearing a mask, period, for now.

We have basically blown a golden opportunity to protect ourselves and the price to be paid is high. The rate of cases and hospitalizations is a near vertical line is some places. Deaths will be following. Many people won't be home for Christmas this year because they will be dead. Others will be orphaned or widowed. Some, like that Georgia officer, will bury their own child(ren).

The vaccines are safe and effective. Every legitimate medical and nursing organization agrees.

If you are not vaccinated, are you willing to speak with your doctor or other provider to seek their advice? You should. You should ask questions and state concerns and then genuinely listen.

I'm afraid our thoughts and prayers won't do as well as the vaccines to keep you from dying.

Did I mention you should get vaccinated? Because you should.

As usual for this poll, answers can be changed and no one can see how you answered to encourage participation.

Part IV last page can be found here.(Click me)

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
The last few relevant posts from Part IV are linked below.

Received this text from a good friend this morning whose son (healthy, no underlying medical conditions, age 30) is going on Day 8 since his Covid diagnosis. She said she begged him months ago to get vaccinated, but he refused and seemed to think he was invincible. She's now beside herself as she sits by the phone hour after hour, minute after minute waiting on an update. :cry:

"Took Kevin to ER last night and they admitted him. Sent me home as he is in isolation. Just talked to Dr. Severe Covid, double pneumonia. 85% oxygen.. so far he’s on 35 L of oxygen. They are starting plasma, Remdesivir, steroid and one other I didn’t get the name. He needs to eat to stop muscle/tissue damage. Pray he will eat today. Pray the meds work.
I pray he makes it.
Sounds as though he may the Delta variant (he thought he had a bad cold or URI). Symptoms include high fever, aches, chills, congestion and terrible cough. Don't think he ever lost his sense of smell or taste. He was finally diagnosed at an Urgent Care.
Delta is approaching 100% saturation, so there's little doubt in my mind he has it.

I'll say it again for the back row:

Delta is not 2020's COVID. It is FAR more contagious, affects younger people, and may be more deadly.

Get. Flippin'. Vaccinated.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

Quote:

The number of COVID-19 patients in Alabama hospitals Monday climbed to more than 900 — a number the state has not seen since February — as the state sees a surge in virus cases.

There were 947 COVID-19 patients in state hospitals Monday, up from 204 at the beginning of July, according to numbers from the Alabama Hospital Association. The latest number is about a third of where the state was at the peak of the pandemic when there were 3,000 virus patients in state hospitals in January.

Dr. Scott Harris, who serves as Alabama’s state health officer, said he is “extremely concerned” about the rise in cases.

“It’s the perfect storm of large numbers of unvaccinated people and the delta variant which is highly infectious and much more transmissible than anything we saw before,” Harris said.

Dr. Don Williamson
, the former state health officer who now heads the Alabama Hospital Association, said the concern is not the number itself, but the steep upward trajectory in numbers. Williamson said the state has the solution in the form of the vaccine, but “there is not a long line of people wanting to be vaccinated.”

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We were making good progress on vaccinations, then something changed and we are still far away from reaching a level of vaccination that would provide the herd good immunity to protect the more vulnerable - to include children, immunocompromised, cancer patients, those with autoimmune disorders, diabetics, chronic kidney disease patients, and others.

Politics seems to be in play for some, while others genuinely fear vaccines more than the deadly disease that the vaccines protect against.

Disinformation is a nightmare and social media has no effective answer for it, or else they choose not to deploy the solution in favor of the Benjamins.

Meanwhile, the Delta variant has begun its rampage across the nation. A swath of states from Missouri to Louisiana to Florida and points between are being hit hardest. Other areas are not being spared, but this swath of states are among the least vaccinated so it makes sense they are being hit hardest.

It has been reported that >99% of deaths from COVID-19 are in unvaccinated persons. Most of those who are vaccinated who die are very old and very sick. Most others either don't get sick, have mild symptoms, or at worst spend a night or two in the hospital before being sent home.

Reports all over that people in their 20-40's are being hospitalized and ventilated and dying in far greater numbers and as a percent of patients since Delta came on scene. Several children have reportedly died, including a Georgia deputy's 5 year old son. This is not 2020's coronavirus.

Just as vaccinated people are becoming sick, so too are previously infected people. Previous infection protects more poorly than vaccines, especially with Delta.

In areas of high transmission (most every state South of the Mason Dixon) vaccinated people are being advised to wear a mask. This includes Alabama and any areas with moderate to high transmission rates anywhere. Those who are higher risk should consider wearing a mask, period, for now.

We have basically blown a golden opportunity to protect ourselves and the price to be paid is high. The rate of cases and hospitalizations is a near vertical line is some places. Deaths will be following. Many people won't be home for Christmas this year because they will be dead. Others will be orphaned or widowed. Some, like that Georgia officer, will bury their own child(ren).

The vaccines are safe and effective. Every legitimate medical and nursing organization agrees.

If you are not vaccinated, are you willing to speak with your doctor or other provider to seek their advice? You should. You should ask questions and state concerns and then genuinely listen.

I'm afraid our thoughts and prayers won't do as well as the vaccines to keep you from dying.

Did I mention you should get vaccinated? Because you should.

As usual for this poll, answers can be changed and no one can see how you answered to encourage participation.

Part IV last page can be found here.(Click me)
I am tired of being asked to pray for people who have Covid when they would not be vaccinated. From what I've seen, vaccines could be considered as preventative prayer -- something God has given us to keep us safe. Vaccines are a lot more effective than our prayers...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I am tired of being asked to pray for people who have Covid when they would not be vaccinated. From what I've seen, vaccines could be considered as preventative prayer -- something God has given us to keep us safe. Vaccines are a lot more effective than our prayers...
I know it’s harsh, but I have similar feelings, and have lost sympathy for people who are sick or dying because of this — excepting, of course, children under 12 who aren’t yet eligible, and immuno-compromised people of whatever age, who are infected by a self-centered idiot who is eligible.

The vaccine has been available for months now. There are no more lines, and they’re literally begging people to get it. It now takes less than 5 minutes, and it’s free. At this point, yammerings about accessibility are red herrings and no longer valid. The people who are unvaccinated now don’t want to be vaccinated, for whatever unfathomable reason.

Get the stinkin’ shot, for both your own benefit and the benefit of everyone around you.

If you’re old enough to get the shot, but you nevertheless don’t, and you get sick or worse, I have about as much sympathy for you as I do for someone who loses at Russian roulette.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My two oldest have been giving us pushback about getting the vaccine because of the BS they were hearing from their friends, which I'm sure a lot of it they heard from their parents. My daughter told me "I'm not getting it and you can't make me". She really enjoyed the milkshake she got from Whataburger after we left CVS with her "cute" baby blue bandaid on her arm....

#ipaythebillsimakethebigdecisions
#herdaddyandmamafeelbetternow

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Question: if you either had Covid and then got the vaccine or got the vaccine and then got Covid, are you “super” immune in the future?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My daughter, a nurse and fully vaccinated just tested positive yesterday after experiencing flu-like symptoms.
I'm sorry to hear that, we are finding out more and more people who have been fully vaccinated are testing positive as well. But, as I told my oldest, who cited "people who are vaccinated are still getting it!" if you were on a sinking boat in the ocean and had the choice to put on a life vest or not, which would you choose? You put on the life vest, it isn't going to keep the boat from sinking, but it will keep you from drowning once the boat sinks. (y)

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
As for the breakthrough infections.....

With more than 156 million Americans fully vaccinated, nationwide, approximately 153,000 symptomatic breakthrough cases are estimated to have occurred as of last week, representing approximately 0.098% of those fully vaccinated
So basically even at 0.098%, the more ppl that are vaxxed the more breakthrough cases we will see. That is just math.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
As for the breakthrough infections.....

So basically even at 0.098%, the more ppl that are vaxxed the more breakthrough cases we will see. That is just math.
Unfortunately, with Delta and the increased infections and consequent exposures there will be many more breakthrough infections since the vaccines are less effective against Delta. Most cases will still be mild to moderate, though, and most will never become infected. Vaccination is still very protective and everyone who possibly can should get vaccinated.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
  • Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
This could also go into the back to school thread...
My youngest 2 aren't eligible yet.

"Save the children!" from mostly imaginary threats but refuse to protect them by getting vaccinated isn't working. I pray people wake the hell up soon or this will be worse than January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.