Trump Capitol Insurrection Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
No, I was still surprised. It was hard to believe someone who delivered the remarks he did, while wearing Proud Boys lookalike gear, would try to claim he was doing his duty as my representative...
I for one am surprised at the Merrick Garland Justice Department tying itself into knots explaining why it would not provide free legal support for Brooks in the law suit. I understand there is a statute governing this but it seems to not come into play except for Trump and Republican's engaged in acts of sedition. We can certainly say that the Barr Justice Department never became concerned with precise legal interpretation in their self governance.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Justice Department Issues Guidance on Federal Statutes Regarding Voting Methods and Post-Election "Audits"
Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Today the U.S. Department of Justice announced the release of two guidance documents to ensure states fully comply with federal laws regarding elections, specifically federal statutes affecting methods of voting and federal constraints related to post-election “audits.”

“The right of all eligible citizens to vote is the central pillar of our democracy, and the Justice Department will use all of the authorities at its disposal to zealously guard that right,” said Attorney General Merrick B. Garland. “The guidances issued today describe certain federal laws that help ensure free, fair, and secure elections. Where violations of such laws occur, the Justice Department will not hesitate to act.”

“The Department of Justice is committed to protecting the right to vote for all Americans and ensuring states are complying with federal voting laws,” said Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. “Whether through litigation or the issuance of official guidance, we are using every tool in our arsenal to ensure that all eligible citizens can exercise their right to vote free from intimidation, and have their ballots counted.”

The first guidance document, entitled “Guidance Concerning Federal Statutes Affecting Methods of Voting,” provides guidance regarding how eligible citizens cast their ballots. The guidance document addresses efforts by some states to permanently adopt their COVID-19 pandemic voting modifications, and by other states to bar continued use of those practices, or to impose additional restrictions on voting by mail or early voting. In addition, this guidance document discusses federal statutes the department enforces related to voting by mail, absentee voting and voting in person.

The second guidance document, entitled “Federal Law Constraints on Post-Election Audits,” provides information on the how states must comply with federal law when preserving and retaining election records and the criminal penalties associated with the willful failure to comply with those requirements. This guidance document also details the statutes that prohibit the intimidation of voters and the department’s commitment to act if any person engages in actions that violate the law.

Today’s announcements follow Attorney General Garland’s recent commitment to expand the Justice Department’s efforts to safeguard voting rights. For a list of the department’s actions to protect voting rights, click here.

More information about the Voting Rights Act and other federal voting laws is available on the Department of Justice’s website at www.justice.gov/crt/about/vot.
Department of Justice

Game On!

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree with you...but I also see an underlying "anger" that is ready to burst out at any given moment. We saw it on January 6th...and in the response to the inquiry...I fear it is still there...
Uncontrolled anger is a mental health issue. It is all connected.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
In the case of "fanatics" or "true believers" I would agree. In the case of those who view their faith with a logical element, I disagree.
There is a fine line between belief and insanity. Jon Krakauer, in his book "Under the Banner of Heaven," has an excellent discussion of this point.

Reactions: B1GTide and seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
There is a fine line between belief and insanity. Jon Krakauer, in his book "Under the Banner of Heaven," has an excellent discussion of this point.
No, not really...after 45 years as a pastor I could tell the difference in the first 15 minutes of conversation. That's a good book about evangelical fundamentalism, but not so much on other aspects of faith.

Reactions: B1GTide and seebell

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.