Game Thread: 2021 Braves season (Atl in 1st, PHI 1 GB, NYM 2.5 GB) (44 games remaining)

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Even before this whole mess, he wasn't worth the money once MLB decided to not use the DH in the NL. Even with the DH, I'm not sure he was worth the price tag. So he had a few months of good at bats in a shortened season. No reason to bet on him for a whole 162 game season IMO. Just more AA greatness.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Even before this whole mess, he wasn't worth the money once MLB decided to not use the DH in the NL. Even with the DH, I'm not sure he was worth the price tag. So he had a few months of good at bats in a shortened season. No reason to bet on him for a whole 162 game season IMO. Just more AA greatness.
Agreed. When I thought the DH was going to be universal, I was all in on re-signing him. Once that was toast there wasn’t a reason to do it. I honestly thought Melancon was a bigger priority but we just didn’t do it. There is a chance that was not AA’s fault and Melancon just did not want to play here again.

My guess is the Braves will make exactly zero trades today.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.