Report:The SEC Is Targeting Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan And Florida State For Expansion

If the SEC adds addtional teams, which are LIKELY choices? (Choose as many as you believe likely)

• Michigan

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Clemson

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Florida State

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Other Big 12 schools

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other Big 10/11 schools

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ACC schools

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Pac 12 schools

• AAC schools

• CUSA schools

• Independents schools

• Mountain West schools

• Sun Belt schools

• No immediate (next 1-3 years) additions

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Clemson is an AAU member.
Actually, they are not.

AAU Members Here

It appears of the ACC, only Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Virginia are among the esteemed AAU colleges. And here I thought most of them were.

Nine of the twelve Pac 12 schools are.

Of the former Big 12, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, and Texas A&M are.

All of the Big Ten are except Nebraska, who was when they joined.

Notre Dame, despite a lot of self-righteous haughtiness, is not.

• Thank You
Reactions: KrAzY3 and Padreruf

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Actually, they are not.

AAU Members Here

It appears of the ACC, only Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Virginia are among the esteemed AAU colleges. And here I thought most of them were.

I've been known to get tripped up before, but this time I actually went to the site and searched for Clemson before that post and didn't see them. I was like man how did I get it wrong this time? Heh

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Actually, they are not.

AAU Members Here

My mistake fellows. I actually looked at what I though were actual AAU membership lists myself - more than one. I think I know how I did this but am not sure, nor does it really matter, so I want bore you with my speculation about it. But I goofed - it wasn't laziness but worse, incompetence or something akin to that :).

Sorry about the goof and thanks for setting me straight.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Please if there are 32, let one be the Cajuns. Just to screw with LSU. It would be glorious. Theres talk here of expanding the stadium to 60k.

LSU might bolt if that ever happened. ;)

Either way it would keep the local boys in Lafayette and LSU would be gutted in recruiting.
I was in Lafayette this week. The Walk Ons restaurants were pretty good sports bars.

Reactions: CajunCrimson

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
An Auburn friend of mine - who btw did an advanced degree at Texas - said he's being inundated by emails from several of his Texas chums. He says the same folks who for 30 years have trashed the SEC as overrated have already begun to declare which teams need thrown out of the SEC as bottom feeders.

Get ready because THAT is about to become one of the most common musings (along with "why does Vandy get X, they don't pull their weight") that you hear on this whole thing.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
An Auburn friend of mine - who btw did an advanced degree at Texas - said he's being inundated by emails from several of his Texas chums. He says the same folks who for 30 years have trashed the SEC as overrated have already begun to declare which teams need thrown out of the SEC as bottom feeders.

Get ready because THAT is about to become one of the most common musings (along with "why does Vandy get X, they don't pull their weight") that you hear on this whole thing.
"Sit down and shut up at least until you win the conference championship."

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You keep hearing about the proposal made to TX and OU and how attractive it was.

It literally could have been written on a napkin. 1 share = 1 vote = $80mm + 1/16 of other conference revenue. If anything else was promised to them and not other members this deal would not have got done. We like also said the SEC will not fund any early buyouts either but they join as early as 2022.

They are about to learn that Vandy has as much say as they do...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You keep hearing about the proposal made to TX and OU and how attractive it was.

It literally could have written in a napkin. 1 share = 1 vote = $80mm + 1/16 of other conference revenue. If anything else was promised to them and not other members this deal would not have got done. They likely also said the SEC will not fund any early buyouts either but they join as early as 2022.

They are about to learn that Vandy has as much say as they do.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They are about to learn that Vandy has as much say as they do.
I realize how delusional the average Texas fan is. However their decision makers most likely understand this point and are ok with it. And the reason for that is the same reason they are moving. The money they will make in the SEC almost immediately, will most likely double the best they would have made by remaining with the Big 12.

That is the entire crux of the matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.