What are your 5 Bold Predictions for 2021

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
BOLD?

1) Auburn will win the SEC West
2) Iowa St will win the Big 12 and make the playoff (I seriously doubt this one)
3) Michigan will beat Ohio State - in football on the football field
4) Selma will put up at least five posts of less than two sentences between now and the end of the year.
5) Clemson will lose two games and not make the playoff

Odds?

I'd rate Auburn's chances higher than Iowa State's but probably less than Michigan. I don't THINK Michigan is better but weird stuff happens.

Clemson losing two games is probably the most likely scenario above if only because they face UGA in the opener, and they've made a habit of dropping that "one game a year" to a team they should pummel.
I actually think Clemson wins the opener against UGA, but it's the Dawgs who are left standing after early January.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
1) In a surprising move, Kirby sheds his traditional "bowl cut" for a shaved head look accented by a UGA "Power G" tattoo. When asked about the change, Smart replies "Just re-establishing our Georgia brand".

2) Dan Mullen agrees to play the role of Cousin Eddie in "National Lampoon's Apalachicola Vacation" .

3) After being fired mid-season at LSU, Coach O distinguishes himself in his new career as "voice over artist" in the "Captain Caveman Christmas Special" on The Cartoon Network.

4) Mike Leach makes no witty, controversial, or "off the wall" comments for an entire season, leading to Greg Sankey requesting an in depth medical evaluation into the possibility that Coach Leach is actually "sane".

5) Josh Heupel eats himself into "food coma" on ribs at Calhoun's after a devastating opening season loss to Bowling Green in Knoxville. His last words before lapsing into unconsciousness were "Maybe I should have gone to McDonald's...."
I thought coach o was farmer Fred in the water boy sequel?

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
1. Teaxas & Oklahoma are not the last teams to join the sec. 2. Sec becomes new ncaa under different name 3. Greg Sankey is new commissioner 4. Espn takes over college foitball television like Vince McMahon did wrestling

Reactions: OSUTideFan

DymaxionDon

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 14, 2019
Injury or performance?
[/QUOTENot sure, probably injury but I still have memories of being at the USC game a few years ago when we had a California QB and one from Utah competing for the starting job. When the kicking team came out before everyone else and Cooper Bateman was there I knew there was a shakeup coming and it did. I really like Bryce Young and am 100% pulling for him but California QB's do not have a great track record at Bama. Just playing past trends and the question was "bold prediction" so my money is on the kid from Texas, Jalen Milroe.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
1. Auburn finishes last in SEC West
2. Tennessee finished last in SEC East
3 Arkansas finishes second in the SEC West
4. Bryce Young is not the Alabama starting QB at the end of season
5. Louisiana Lafayette defeats Texas in the opening game.
So Bryce has gone from taking over for Mac midseason last year to cannot hold onto the job. Bold indeed.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
1. Texas wins Big 12.
2. Orgeron is fired before the Bama game, as more off field issues are exposed.
3. Mizzou wins SEC East.
4. Ole Miss lead country in scoring.
5. Clemson loses 2 ACC games.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1. Texas wins Big 12.
2. Orgeron is fired before the Bama game, as more off field issues are exposed.
3. Mizzou wins SEC East.
4. Ole Miss lead country in scoring.
5. Clemson loses 2 ACC games.

1) Yep, pretty bold.
2) Not bold at all; in fact, quite likely with each passing day
3) Kinda bold. I like how you think.
4) Do you mean on the football field or in the back seats of cars afterwards? Cousin kissin' makes it easy.
5) I'm with ya and hope it happens.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
In response to DymaxionDon I believe you are talking about Blake Barnett and it was a Texas kid who beat him out (Hurts). I don't think one failure of a Cali QB means it is a trend. I personally think Bryce is our next great one but until we see him truly play and take meaningful snaps none of us will know for sure.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
1. Kentucky defeats Georgia
2. Bryce Young is the SEC Player of the Year.
3. Arkansas wins 3 SEC games.
4. No Horns fans tweet about Colt McCoy and his injury.
5. Billingsley catches at least 10 TD passes.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
1. Kentucky defeats Georgia
2. Bryce Young is the SEC Player of the Year.
3. Arkansas wins 3 SEC games.
4. No Horns fans tweet about Colt McCoy and his injury.
5. Billingsley catches at least 10 TD passes.
I got alarm bells sounding on number 3. o_O

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
So Bryce has gone from taking over for Mac midseason last year to cannot hold onto the job. Bold indeed.
I don't think he's there at the end, but I think it's his slight frame that's the issue, moreso than getting beaten out by the #2 QB. And, I know how slight Devonta Smith is, but Smith also knew how to take a hit. WRs generally are better at it than QBs.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
1. Bryce Young becomes Alabama’s 4th Heisman winner after throwing for 4500 yards, 43 TDs, and rushing for an additiona 300 yards and 2 TDs.

2. Clemson finishes 9-3.

3. Texas A&M finishes 7-5.

4. The CFP is Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, and North Carolina.

5. Alabama beats Georgia for the NC. Georgia leads 21-20 after 3 quarters, but Alabama out scores them in the 4th, 17-0 to win 37-21.
Not just bold but extremely detailed as well!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.