LSU Loses Myles Brennan to Left Arm Injury

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
LSU is reporting that QB Myles Brennan suffered a "severe" injury to his left arm that will require surgery, and he will be out for an undetermined amount of time. Speculation is that is a broken arm that will require surgery to repair. This leaves LSU with only two QB's, Max Johnson who came in when Brennan was hurt last year, and a new freshman. What does this do to LSU's hopes for 2021.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
LSU is reporting that QB Myles Brennan suffered a "severe" injury to his left arm that will require surgery, and he will be out for an undetermined amount of time. Speculation is that is a broken arm that will require surgery to repair. This leaves LSU with only two QB's, Max Johnson who came in when Brennan was hurt last year, and a new freshman. What does this do to LSU's hopes for 2021.
Seems like they can't catch a break, pun intended :cool:

Coach O said they were going back to the Brady offense again so whoever takes the wheel will either do very well or they will finish middle of the pack in the west. I don't think they fall totally off unless their defense is not as good as projected.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Pretty much sets aside any possible “QB controversy” many were predicting going into the fall.
Better work on “Max protection for Max Johnson” or you’ll be starting a freshman before you know it.

Last edited:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I thought that Brad Johnson's kid had a lot of potential as a LH QB. With him growing up watching his Dad in the NFL I would not be surprised to see him have a very good season. In the end it will depend on his supporting cast and how effective the LSU Defense will be.

Reactions: Windsortide

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Seems like they can't catch a break, pun intended :cool:

Coach O said they were going back to the Brady offense again so whoever takes the wheel will either do very well or they will finish middle of the pack in the west. I don't think they fall totally off unless their defense is not as good as projected.
The Brady offense is not the Brady offense without Brady. I swear Coach O is simply a luckier version of Mike DuBose.

I’m sorry for Brennen and hope his recovery is full and quick.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
The Brady offense is not the Brady offense without Brady. I swear Coach O is simply a luckier version of Mike DuBose.

I’m sorry for Brennen and hope his recovery is full and quick.
I also still think it's unclear how much of that offense was due to Brady, specifically, and how much of it was due to a combination of:

1. Switching to a spread offense, in general, as this put them in a better position to take advantage of the athletes/talent they had.
2. Returning essentially their entire offense from the year before.

I guess I'm just saying that I think LSU's offense would've been much better in 2019 than they were in 2018 regardless of who they brought in to fill that "Passing Game Coordinator" role in 2019 and help Ensminger run the spread offense.

Nonetheless, you can tell Orgeron is REALLY trying to find his next Joe Brady based on the guys he hired as OC/QB coach and Passing Game Coordinator:

-Jake Peetz (their new OC/QB) was the QB coach for the Carolina Panthers last season.

- DJ Mangas (their new Passing Game Coordinator) was an Offensive Analyst for LSU in 2019, and an Offensive Assistant for the Carolina Panthers last season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I also still think it's unclear how much of that offense was due to Brady, specifically, and how much of it was due to a combination of:

1. Switching to a spread offense, in general, as this put them in a better position to take advantage of the athletes/talent they had.
2. Returning essentially their entire offense from the year before.

I guess I'm just saying that I think LSU's offense would've been much better in 2019 than they were in 2018 regardless of who they brought in to fill that "Passing Game Coordinator" role in 2019 and help Ensminger run the spread offense.

Nonetheless, you can tell Orgeron is REALLY trying to find his next Joe Brady based on the guys he hired as OC/QB coach and Passing Game Coordinator:

-Jake Peetz (their new OC/QB) was the QB coach for the Carolina Panthers last season.

- DJ Mangas (their new Passing Game Coordinator) was an Offensive Analyst for LSU in 2019, and an Offensive Assistant for the Carolina Panthers last season.
It all just sounds like Mike DuBose to me. The same kind of dog chasing it’s tail kind of vibe.

He just got lucky in 2019 with the way all of it came together.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It's been widely speculated that Max Johnson was going to start anyway. Still, you never want to lose any QBs. Brennan probably just needs to concentrate on the next stage of his life IMO.

Reactions: seebell

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
The Brady offense was there the year before McCauley won the Heisman. That was strictly a case of lightning in a bottle. We were a mangled mess and gave them everything they wanted.
I never thought of how much Joe Burrow looks like McCauley Culkin. That's great. Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: Con

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
They made a deal with the devil in 2019, the devil delivered, now he's collecting. The "football gods" giveth and taketh away.
And, amazingly, they still haven't heard any outcome of all the issues within the athletic department and athlete discipline. Sounded like a pretty draconian penalty was due, but I imagine it just goes away.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
And, amazingly, they still haven't heard any outcome of all the issues within the athletic department and athlete discipline. Sounded like a pretty draconian penalty was due, but I imagine it just goes away.
Regarding Brennan….I hate it for the kid. A season-ending injury before fall camp even starts. Poor guy is snakebit on bad luck.

For O, I cry no tears. I won’t forget how those guys acted, and wish nothing but the worst for the LSU program so long as he’s their coach.

Regarding the problems around sexual harassment / covering up players’ sexual crimes within the Athletic Department, that one’s interesting. If it were an NCAA issue, I’d agree that it’ll just slowly fade away — which, because it’s an NCAA issue. is what I think will happen with the Will Wade stuff in basketball..

But the harassment & cover-up isn’t in the NCAA’s hands. It’s a Title IX issue, therefore a federal (i.e., not state) question, and in the hands of federal prosecutors.

I guess that could slowly fade away, but I tend to think not. We’ll just have to see.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Not good for the kid he has had a rough two years. Wish him a speedy recovery. Does anyone know what LSU has after Johnson?

Reactions: seebell

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sorry for the kid.

Yes, CEO simply caught "lightning in a bottle" that one year. They had the right combo of their "Mac Jones" at QB, and the right OC and they caught everybody off guard. Certainly didn't help that our defense was as bad as we've seen in many years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.