PAC12 "Will have response" to SEC's moves / May impact CFP expansion

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
"For now, the league’s new commissioner, George Kliavkoff, is attempting to preserve his own membership at a time of uncertainty, keeping together the group and its golden goose, USC, while also weighing the possibility of adding more. The Pac-12 is receiving significant interest from suitors about expansion, Kliavkoff told reporters here Tuesday. And while they’re listening, conference leaders are more than happy to remain at 12 teams, he says."

DanoCanuck

3rd Team
Feb 5, 2020
Ive been listening quite a bit on SXM and it's amazing how many of the major players in that conference are acknowledging they're falling behind. The commish even admitted they needed to win more (formed a competition committee) and market their brands better (mainly USC) to get relevant. This TX/OU thing has a had a big impact. They wouldn't be talking like this if it didn't. Wether the PAC can do anything about it remains to be seen but the words coming from almost everyone interviewed on SXM is remarkable. Time to step up or they're left behind.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is legitimately hilarious. I bet Sankey read this and just laughed the whole way through. If I were him I'd print it out and frame it

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
When the PAC 12 starts playing real men football then we will worry about their response. I would say that they need to think about trying to get in a national title final before they start pushing around the SEC who have more national titles in the past ten years than they have in twenty… USC cash cow really

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Without UT and TAMU, there are not enough eyeballs on other Texas teams to do this. It'd be like trying to get Alabama eyeballs by adding Troy...
Not quick fix but it would give the PAC earlier games in TEXAS which helps in recruiting in TEXAS. Personally I would add Baylor and TCU so four game could be played in Texas but I think the PAC is averse to institutions of faith -- but that objection may be thrown under the bus for survival.

Reactions: Rush

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
"For now, the league’s new commissioner, George Kliavkoff, is attempting to preserve his own membership at a time of uncertainty, keeping together the group and its golden goose, USC, while also weighing the possibility of adding more. The Pac-12 is receiving significant interest from suitors about expansion, Kliavkoff told reporters here Tuesday. And while they’re listening, conference leaders are more than happy to remain at 12 teams, he says."

Greg Byrne dodged a bullet not getting that job.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Hmmmmm. Looks like PAC 12 Commissioner already has 6 Options. What are those OPTIONS?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The Pac-12 is receiving significant interest from suitors about expansion, Kliavkoff told reporters here Tuesday. And while they’re listening, conference leaders are more than happy to remain at 12 teams, he says."

View attachment 17769
Yeah, significant interest from the remaining Big 12 teams and probably BYU.

And this:

“There’s no weeks off,” Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said of the Pac-12’s balance. “You look at some of the other Power 5 conferences, there’s some teams in the bottom half of the league that you just got to show up and you’re going to get a win. That doesn’t happen in the Pac-12 . . . that’s one of the reasons why we haven’t been to the CFP for several years, is we cannibalize each other and beat up on each other.”
Yeah that's happening because you are all mediocre teams, not because you're all really good teams. Everyone sucks in the Pac 12. Everyone. The answer is to get better, but I'll tell you something about that Kyle Whittingham. It ain't gonna be Utah. I hope you guys are still enjoying that 2009 Sugar Bowl win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.