Do You Want Oklahoma And Texas To Join The SEC?

What's your choice?

• Yes

Votes: 49 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 55.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 29 16.7%

• Total voters

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe they won't do divisions at all. It's no longer required in order to stage a championship game (thank you Big 12), and it would fix the rotation easier than any division set up will.
I think you can only do that if you play a full round robin, which you can’t do in the SEC.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I have not heard a good reason how this expansion benefits the current 14 schools in the SEC.
It will allow alabama to extend its streak of beating both of them. Not to mention once and for all showing outsiders what a meat grinder sec schedule really is.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
"Give me the biggest slice of the pie", this has always been Texas. They have ruined every conference and league they have ever been in because of their "we are above you" attitude. Any tight game that comes down to a given call deciding the game, you can bet Texas gets that call over 99% of the time. "We have more $ than you", should be the official Texas song.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
"Give me the biggest slice of the pie", this has always been Texas. They have ruined every conference and league they have ever been in because of their "we are above you" attitude. Any tight game that comes down to a given call deciding the game, you can bet Texas gets that call over 99% of the time. "We have more $ than you", should be the official Texas song.
Texas destroyed the old Big 8 conference and now they are destroying the Big 12. Texas is a large destabilizing influence.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Since I will no doubt be accused of being unfair to Texas, a reminder: I've lived here 18 of the last 20 years (to the day now).

According to this moron...the SEC only took the Aggies in 2011 so we could get Texas in, say, 2021.

THESE. PEOPLE. ACTUALLY. BELIEVE. THIS.

(I can't give you a better example of self-centered moronic comment than this).

IMG_0630.JPG

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Since I will no doubt be accused of being unfair to Texas, a reminder: I've lived here 18 of the last 20 years (to the day now).

According to this moron...the SEC only took the Aggies in 2011 so we could get Texas in, say, 2021.

View attachment 18252
I didn't like it when I heard it and I don't like it now...the SEC is digging a deep hole!

• Thank You
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

View attachment 18252
Seeing a program that averaged about 6 wins per year over the last decade drop to about 4 wins per year in the SEC will be delightful to watch.

For that moron's information, I'd much rather have A&M than the castrated bulls, who bring nothing to the table except cow patties and methane gas.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Seeing a program that averaged about 6 wins per year over the last decade drop to about 4 wins per year in the SEC will be delightful to watch.

For that moron's information, I'd much rather have A&M than the castrated bulls, who bring nothing to the table except cow patties and methane gas.
The only good thing is I will have an excuse to eat a steak the day we play them. Then again I would eat steak if we were playing Vandy or Georgia State or Tuskegee.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The only good thing is I will have an excuse to eat a steak the day we play them. Then again I would eat steak if we were playing Vandy or Georgia State or Tuskegee.
LOL, I use game day as an excuse to eat steak or pork regardless of the opponent. 😂

That said, this was my FB post from Jan 7, 2010:
"Bevo - it's what's for dinner (even when it's lightly snowing)..."

17034_264552912603_2030373_n.jpg

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
LOL, I use game day as an excuse to eat steak or pork regardless of the opponent. 😂

That said, this was my FB post from Jan 7, 2010:
"Bevo - it's what's for dinner (even when it's lightly snowing)..."

View attachment 18255
It is the only thing I am looking forward to once I get a house. If I have some neighbors that hate grilling they will have to get over it. At least once a week. I might have fish if the Braves are playing the Marlins, but it is grilling/smoking time real soon.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It is the only thing I am looking forward to once I get a house. If I have some neighbors that hate grilling they will have to get over it. At least once a week. I might have fish if the Braves are playing the Marlins, but it is grilling/smoking time real soon.
It's always time to grill. I eat mostly meat anyway, so I'll grill 2 or 3 times a week on average.

I've got a neighbor with a full blown outdoor kitchen with a smoke stack grill set up. I love the smell when he cooks. I can't imagine not enjoying that smell.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This was the most concrete example I could give.

They really do think that Copernicus called and told them they are the center of the universe.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hope some of you now understand why they were so convinced Saban was going to Austin.

They ARE dumb enough to believe, "Well, Saban only went to Tuscaloosa so he could get our gig!"

This is the entire fan base from DeLoss Dodds all the way down to whatever poor baby got wrapped in puke orange covering today being born to a delusional UTerus fan.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It's always time to grill. I eat mostly meat anyway, so I'll grill 2 or 3 times a week on average.

I've got a neighbor with a full blown outdoor kitchen with a smoke stack grill set up. I love the smell when he cooks. I can't imagine not enjoying that smell.
I met one of these freaks that hate "the smell" once. They were president of the HOA. It was only allowed on certain days. I said not nice words to her and may have implied her husband had girl parts.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
My would be vote is not included in this. I would have voted to have taken Oklahoma, but not Texas.

Oklahoma fans seem to be ok (no pun intended). They seem knowledgeable and as gracious in defeat as they are in victory.

The Texas crowd is the opposite.

I despise them more than any other fan base. They are constantly talking about how great they are, how the college football world worships them, and they never stop.

I understand they have a past, but can you please hush until you are relevant again?

I can also see this move potentially being bad for Texas. They could easily slip into oblivion much like Nebraska.

Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - for those who don't know - the reason Franchione went to A/M (I'm not making this up) according to Universal Reality Evaluation of Texas' Hopes Rainbows and Aspirations (URETHRA) is this:

Franchione went to College Station because he REALLY wanted the Longhorn job, and they wouldn't hire him. Alabama never had a chance because money and Texas.

I've heard that since BEFORE he ever left Tuscaloosa. "Well, he only went because he wanted our job."

This is a school that hasn't managed to hire their first choice as head coach in my entire life. But to hear them tell it, EVERYONE wants to come there.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can also see this move potentially being bad for Texas. They could easily slip into oblivion much like Nebraska.
Records since Nebraska left Big 12 prior to 2011 season:

Nebraska 78-54
Texas 73-53

Take into account Nebraska has significant disadvantages compared to Texas and plays in a tougher conference....and Texas is already worse than Nebraska. (I'm gonna go take several cleansing shots after having to even say that).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.