BREAKING Texas SB8 & SCOTUS stay on law - Roe

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

• Texas SB8 was passed, banning most abortions after 6 weeks.
  • SCOTUS declined to respond to an emergency request blocking the law from taking effect.
  • Anyone in the country can now sue anyone involved in an abortion, the woman, doctor, driver, & claim 10k in damages + lawyer fees if they win.
  • No exceptions for rape, incest, or fetal anomaly (in which a born baby would die - ex. Trisomy 18. Exceptions include medical emergency (I assume this would include tubal pregnancy, but it is Texas - who knows.)
This is before many women even know they are pregnant. The way pregnancy is counted, the weeks are counted from missed period, not conception - so in essence, this bans abortion at earliest 2 weeks - 6 weeks is a misnomer, because counting backwards, 1 week pregnant - you often haven't even had sex yet.

There is a possibility SCOTUS will still take up the case - but this effectively overturns Roe v. Wade in Texas for the time being.
Want to talk about Judicial activism?

Earl, be interested to hear your take on this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
R v W is on its way out with the SC non action
We will see. At this point, inaction is the same as action if you live in a red state.

We criticize countries with religious governments, but red states have always had them, and it gets worse every year. The rest of the world is watching as red states become more and more like middle-eastern countries. And they want to impose their religious laws on other states.

Last edited:

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Keep your legs together and you don’t have to worry about it. If you get pregnant in a rape, it is God’s will. Don’t argue with God.
Coincidently, I've seen the same comments about covid, but without blue font. Die of covid? God's will! But those damn masks are evil & the vaccine is killing people.

Not sure what kind of God they're promoting.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Coincidently, I've seen the same comments about covid, but without blue font. Die of covid? God's will! But those damn masks are evil & the vaccine is killing people.

They demand their freedom to decide what to wear in a pandemic, but they won't extend those same freedoms to people who wish to have control over their own reproductive systems.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

• Texas SB8 was passed, banning most abortions after 6 weeks.
  • SCOTUS declined to respond to an emergency request blocking the law from taking effect.
  • Anyone in the country can now sue anyone involved in an abortion, the woman, doctor, driver, & claim 10k in damages + lawyer fees if they win.
  • No exceptions for rape, incest, or fetal anomaly (in which a born baby would die - ex. Trisomy 18. Exceptions include medical emergency (I assume this would include tubal pregnancy, but it is Texas - who knows.)
This is before many women even know they are pregnant. The way pregnancy is counted, the weeks are counted from missed period, not conception - so in essence, this bans abortion at earliest 2 weeks - 6 weeks is a misnomer, because counting backwards, 1 week pregnant - you often haven't even had sex yet.

There is a possibility SCOTUS will still take up the case - but this effectively overturns Roe v. Wade in Texas for the time being.
Want to talk about Judicial activism?

Earl, be interested to hear your take on this.
we found out about our daughter's congenital heart defects at the 20 week scan. we were told in no uncertain terms that had it been 25 years earlier, our only real option would have been to terminate the pregnancy as they didn't have the capability/technology to deal with her issues in the mid-80s.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
we found out about our daughter's congenital heart defects at the 20 week scan. we were told in no uncertain terms that had it been 25 years earlier, our only real option would have been to terminate the pregnancy as they didn't have the capability/technology to deal with her issues in the mid-80s.
I used to know someone whose daughter-in-law had a severe heart issue, would up getting an artificial heart. They discovered she was pregnant and had to get an abortion because she couldn’t survive carrying and giving birth. I didn’t know them, but my friend said they were very religious so I imagine it wasn’t a decision they took lightly.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I used to know someone whose daughter-in-law had a severe heart issue, would up getting an artificial heart. They discovered she was pregnant and had to get an abortion because she couldn’t survive carrying and giving birth. I didn’t know them, but my friend said they were very religious so I imagine it wasn’t a decision they took lightly.
what is maddening about this entire thing is that so many times this is presented as women using abortion for birth control

the god that they created in their own image

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.