Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My ex, who never listened to anything I said for the 25 years we were married, has sought my counsel on the vaccine. She's never been an anti-vaxxer save for a recent spell when she somehow decided a bunch of people died from it.

It's amazing how smart I became once she wasn't married to me anymore.

Setting aside my self-esteem for the moment...

She repeated her issues to me. She's allergic to nearly everything on the planet (she is allergic to tap water) AND a large part of the reason we only have one child is because her body kept killing her gestations with some sorts of minor blood clots (but severe enough to end pregnancies). Her other apprehensiveness comes from "I've had several patients say that had neuro disorders when they didn't have a problem before." But that's actually secondary.

I told her this one was not my call, that I would normally tell most folks to get the shot, but she DOES have vax specific issues.

This is one time I honestly have no idea what to say. To my knowledge, she got her other vaccines as a child.
It's probably wisest to just tell her to discuss it with her doctor and be done with it, but that's not my call. :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My ex, who never listened to anything I said for the 25 years we were married, has sought my counsel on the vaccine. She's never been an anti-vaxxer save for a recent spell when she somehow decided a bunch of people died from it.

It's amazing how smart I became once she wasn't married to me anymore.

Setting aside my self-esteem for the moment...

She repeated her issues to me. She's allergic to nearly everything on the planet (she is allergic to tap water) AND a large part of the reason we only have one child is because her body kept killing her gestations with some sorts of minor blood clots (but severe enough to end pregnancies). Her other apprehensiveness comes from "I've had several patients say that had neuro disorders when they didn't have a problem before." But that's actually secondary.

I told her this one was not my call, that I would normally tell most folks to get the shot, but she DOES have vax specific issues.

This is one time I honestly have no idea what to say. To my knowledge, she got her other vaccines as a child.
Tony is right. In this case, duck out. However, these bogus numbers about mega thousands dying from vaccination can be easily rebutted - IF the listener will credit government sources at all over Facebook...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tony is right. In this case, duck out. However, these bogus numbers about mega thousands dying from vaccination can be easily rebutted - IF the listener will credit government sources at all over Facebook...
I think she's set that aside - which is good.

There's a cognitive dissonance there you find often with anti-vaxxers, but she is decidedly not anti-vax. She even had my input as a voiceover two years ago in a PSA for her school IN FAVOR of vaccination.

Reactions: MobtownK

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I just got an e-mail telling me a co-worker has died from COVID. I have no idea if she was vaccinated or any basis to even guess.

However, she was a nice person and a friend. Not sure of her age but would guess mid-40s. I think her children are all grown and had mentioned having grandkids.

This is the first person I know personally (outside of people I once knew but haven’t seen in years) that has died from this.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I just got an e-mail telling me a co-worker has died from COVID. I have no idea if she was vaccinated or any basis to even guess.

However, she was a nice person and a friend. Not sure of her age but would guess mid-40s. I think her children are all grown and had mentioned having grandkids.

This is the first person I know personally (outside of people I once knew but haven’t seen in years) that has died from this.
I'd have to sit down and write out the names then count them, but I'm somewhere between 8-10 just off the top of my head.

Sorry to hear about your coworker.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
you get the government you vote for. these folks voted for a smug 18 year old douche bag for a relatively important government position and now here we are.
I‘m not in his district but I am in his town. It’s always been my understanding that his seat was held in the not so distant past by someone who was illiterate. Could not read or write the printed word.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

My uncle is the only one I've PERSONALLY KNOWN who died from "the Rona" but Mom, my SIL, and my aunt all had it. I've known a lot of "names" of patients we had who died from it, but I don't know anyone else personally who has passed. I've had four co-workers in the lab itself come down with it (one twice - the second time months after being fully vaxxed).

What's weird about this to me is this - yes, you know 81-year olds like Ed die every single day from something. But it's like if they die from the Covid, you wonder deep down if there wasn't something they could have done to have prevented it maybe. And that to me is one of the most disheartening and frustrating things about it - the "'maybe they'd be alive if X hadn't happened" that you never really think about when people that age pass from heart failure or pneumonia.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We learned Wednesday that the office's favorite patient, a high functioning mentally handicapped man in his late 30's, has gone to Boston to visit family. He has contracted Covid and is now in the ICU on a ventilator. I don't know if he is vaccinated or not. His sister, knowing how much we enjoy seeing this man, called the office asking for prayers. I'm passing it on here, also asking for prayers. He is such a sweet guy and a joy to be around.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, according to WZDX here, I was wrong about the population shrinking. It just didn't shrink in time to affect the congressional delegation and the census. I wonder how many other marginal states are shrinking, particularly the low-vaxx states?

WZDX

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

Don't say anything about the population being larger now unless you also acknowledge that many more would be dead with 1918 technology.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
My mom went and received her booster shot last week. She’s in the age bracket that the FDA says that is necessary. I’m a Republican that is fully vaccinated and I want one as well. The FDA is against this. For whatever reason. Hell, I’ll get one a month if I need to. What are your opinions? I’m asking this as a serious question. I’m completely a pro vaccine person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.