Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My mom went and received her booster shot last week. She’s in the age bracket that the FDA says that is necessary. I’m a Republican that is fully vaccinated and I want one as well. The FDA is against this. For whatever reason. Hell, I’ll get one a month if I need to. What are your opinions? I’m asking this as a serious question. I’m completely a pro vaccine person.
I am asthmatic and I will get it in December. My doctor recommended me to do it and that is good enough for me.

Reactions: B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My mom went and received her booster shot last week. She’s in the age bracket that the FDA says that is necessary. I’m a Republican that is fully vaccinated and I want one as well. The FDA is against this. For whatever reason. Hell, I’ll get one a month if I need to. What are your opinions? I’m asking this as a serious question. I’m completely a pro vaccine person.
I'm a healthcare worker and hoping to get one next month.

As for the advisory committee... their job is to look at the evidence and determine the need, safety, and efficacy. They feel they lack evidence for a booster for those not at higher risk. I'm good with that so long as it's based on the evidence, which it appears to be.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm a healthcare worker and hoping to get one next month.

As for the advisory committee... their job is to look at the evidence and determine the need, safety, and efficacy. They feel they lack evidence for a booster for those not at higher risk. I'm good with that so long as it's based on the evidence, which it appears to be.
I want to add that they appeared to focus on the original goal of reducing/mitigating the harms of COVID (severe disease/hospitalization and death) and did not attempt to expand the goal to mitigating the spread of COVID-19. That is frustrating to see since that goal was picked to speed up the roll out of the vaccine and ignores the need to reduce spread as much as possible. In other words, I'm not entirely happy with their decision and hope that in the future they will change their focus to cover infection and transmission as well. We have much more data in that regard now. Frankly, I feel they felt a need to be seen as independent from the WH and I feel that likely played into their decision as well - which is also frustrating.

Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.