Proof that Dabo's ego is his downfall... (Transfer portal stance at Clemson)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Usually I would title it Karen Swinney but not everyone gets it so...

Anyone that has watched Clemson these past few weeks can see that the team doesnt look much better than the average ACC team. Yet every Dabo defender talks about recruiting... You dont just fall this hard if you are an elite coach, and especially one in a mickey mouse conference. So why is it that Dabo is falling? Well here is part of your answer...

Dabo's anti transfer stance

" We want to be well-positioned and have an infrastructure in place that's going to help us continue to compete to be the best. Our philosophy has always been to recruit high school kids. I have not gone to the portal to address needs ever. We have just always taken a lot of pride in our eval of high school kids and our development. We are always going to be a developmental program. We haven't changed, the rules have. Now, you don't have to sit. You can be a freshman and go be eligible. We just have to make sure we are prepared if we have gaps in our roster. It's really that simple. I really believe we will be among the least impacted, but we will be impacted just like everyone else. But if we have gaps and guys decide to leave in May, guess what? You can't go recruit high school kids in May. So you better have a plan in place "

Alabama and Georgia are top 5 every year in recruiting. Yet both use the transfer portal to address busts in recruiting. Alabama's best receiver is a transfer, Georgia's qb is a transfer, Burrow was a transfer. Adapt or die, and Dabo chooses stupidity. If Dabo was in the SEC he would be lucky to get to the Gator bowl. It still amazes me that people still want this clown to come back here.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I'm sure Ohio State was wishing they had Jameson Williams back, but now we've got him. Principles are great, but if you want to win the game you have to play the game. I miss stingy defense, bruising offense, and linemen the size of Mt. Cody....but I like us winning national titles more. Get in the portal and address your needs. If you're not doing it then your opponent is. Adaptability is what separates the great from the good. Dabo is good, but if he doesn't adapt it will soon be "was good."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm sure Ohio State was wishing they had Jameson Williams back, but now we've got him. Principles are great, but if you want to win the game you have to play the game. I miss stingy defense, bruising offense, and linemen the size of Mt. Cody....but I like us winning national titles more. Get in the portal and address your needs. If you're not doing it then your opponent is. Adaptability is what separates the great from the good. Dabo is good, but if he doesn't adapt it will soon be "was good."
He is very good, but WR is not our problem, or on the list of our many problems.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, Karen Aw Shucks has his philosophy and it has served him well to date. That is, up until this year because dude needs some O Linemen and a running back in the worst way. Got to credit our coach though. He is old school but not too old to realize that one must be nimble in thought on some issues to stay ahead of the game.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He is very good, but WR is not our problem, or on the list of our many problems.
He still would have been 3rd or 4th on OSU's depth chart. Maybe lower, I don't know. The difference is that our WRs are all green, besides Metchie and Slade, and well, Williams is better than Slade. He may be better than Metchie. He's certainly faster.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He still would have been 3rd or 4th on OSU's depth chart. Maybe lower, I don't know. The difference is that our WRs are all green, besides Metchie and Slade, and well, Williams is better than Slade. He may be better than Metchie. He's certainly faster.
You have now seen his drops. That is why he could not climb the depth chart last year. He is getting better at Alabama, and might have at OSU, but he wanted to be our #1 and that was not happening with Olave.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Well, Karen Aw Shucks has his philosophy and it has served him well to date. That is, up until this year because dude needs some O Linemen and a running back in the worst way. Got to credit our coach though. He is old school but not too old to realize that one must be nimble in thought on some issues to stay ahead of the game.
Old school like Gunny Highway: Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What makes Nick Saban great is his ability to pivot whenever the situation calls for it. Adapt as someone else said.

When the rules change, great leaders don't complain about the rules. They figure out how to turn them around to benefit themselves. Well... Dabo is not a great leader.
The lack of "adaptability" is something a lot of people do not have and that is the reason in the coaching sense you hear "the game has passed them by", in other areas of life it is the reason people get pushed out of the workforce (especially in the corporate world) and end up sitting alone on the front porch yelling at the clouds and the leaves that blow in their yard from their neighbor's tree.

One of the many reasons Nick Saban is great is because of his ability to notice when he needs to change and how he needs to change. Most people are too prideful to do this and it appears Dabo may be on his way to sitting on his porch at Lake Burton yelling at Saban's ducks for crapping in his yard while Saban is coaching a game on Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.