Do You Want Oklahoma And Texas To Join The SEC?

What's your choice?

• Yes

Votes: 49 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 55.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 29 16.7%

• Total voters

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
While the events of that day are terrible and caused a lot of devastation, emotion and loss was not a reason to put OSU in the title game........ and I say that with the utmost respect and sympathy..........and had it been the other way around, it wouldn’t have been a reason to put Bama in the title game
The reason OSU should have been in the title game over Bama was because:

1. OSU won the Big XII
2. Alabama didn't even win their own DIVISION
3. OSU had 5 top 25 wins.
4. Bama had just 2 top 25 wins
5. OSU beat 7 bowl bound teams
6. Alabama beat only 3 bowl bound teams.
7. Lone loss for OSU was in OT on the road in Ames, Iowa
8. Lone loss for Alabama was AT HOME in OT

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
View attachment 19342

Alabama lost at home. They didn't even win their DIVISION and never played in their conference championship. They had MUCH fewer top 25 wins and faced only 3 bowl bound teams compared to OSU's 7.

OSU would have beat LSU 38-24.
They also didn't lose to an unranked team and really outplayed LSU for much of the first meeting.

Oklahoma State maybe beats LSU but they wouldn't have beaten Alabama

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

1. OSU won the Big XII
2. Alabama didn't even win their own DIVISION (Because the #1 team won the division barely)
7. Lone loss for OSU was in OT on the road in Ames, Iowa (to an unranked team)
8. Lone loss for Alabama was AT HOME in OT (to the #1 team)

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

1. OSU won the Big XII
Yet you lost late in the season.......... to a .500 team who wasn’t ranked

1. OSU won the Big XII
I get that you feel OSU should have been there........ but we’re you supposed to move up in rankings after that loss? I’d love to have the 66 NC for Bama, but it is what it is........

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
Yet you lost late in the season.......... to a .500 team who wasn’t ranked

I get that you feel OSU should have been there........ but we’re you supposed to move up in rankings after that loss? I’d love to have the 66 NC for Bama, but it is what it is........
I never said OSU should have moved up. We were ranked 2nd when we played Iowa State and dropped to 3. We went on to play #10 OU the next week and beat them 44-10. After that win, and Bama not making it to the SEC championship... OSU should have got in the title game IMO (again, we have the Playoffs now because of that).

OSU was less than .09 points away from the #2 spot... the smallest in BCS history. USA Today SCREWED the Pokes out of the title game. Had OSU ranked 5th below Stanford (who OSU beat) and freaking VaTech. That was why we didn't get in. USA Today. F'ers.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I happen to disagree. Unfortunately, we will never know. Last time we played, OSU won ;)
You had a chance to showcase, and develop a Tidefans appreciation for, Oklahoma State here the way @B1GTide has for Ohio State, @Bazza has for Florida, @AUDub has for Auburn, and @LSUgrad2BamaDad has for LSU; but you came in here acting like a Dirt Burglar or Shaggy Bevo poster, and that won't make you any friends or win you an appreciative audience on TideFans.

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
You had a chance to showcase, and develop a Tidefans appreciation for, Oklahoma State here the way @B1GTide has for Ohio State, @Bazza has for Florida, @AUDub has for Auburn, and @LSUgrad2BamaDad has for LSU; but you came in here acting like a Dirt Burglar or Shaggy Bevo poster, and that won't make you any friends or win you an appreciative audience on TideFans.
Huh? I posted in response to what "OU fans called OSU fans". I explained we don't care what OU fans say, OSU is the more dominate overall athletics program. I really couldn't care less about trying to showcase anything to you. Sorry dude.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I never said OSU should have moved up. We were ranked 2nd when we played Iowa State and dropped to 3. We went on to play #10 OU the next week and beat them 44-10. After that win, and Bama not making it to the SEC championship... OSU should have got in the title game IMO (again, we have the Playoffs now because of that).

OSU was less than .09 points away from the #2 spot... the smallest in BCS history. USA Today SCREWED the Pokes out of the title game. Had OSU ranked 5th below Stanford (who OSU beat) and freaking VaTech. That was why we didn't get in. USA Today. F'ers.
well, as you know, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades........and we can agree to disagree on it and it’s all good...... of course, I think LSU or Bama would have beaten OSU, but we shall never know.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
"But"?

So????

11 of the 52 NCAA titles are in golf. OSU has a bunch of guys on the Tour right now (and have had several). I've always found it comical... especially with OU fans... they'd make fun of Oklahoma State winning a title in wrestling or golf. They'd say "only football counts" (which doesn't even have an official NCAA championship). But when they got good in softball, well now it's "Football and Softball".

Every school should be proud of their programs. If that's UC Santa Barbara winning the NCAA title in water polo or Oklahoma State winning another golf title, be proud.

52 NCAA titles is something nearly all schools would L-O-V-E to have. Yea, football runs all sports but when you can be successful in football (Ok State is top 10 in total wins the past 12-14 years or so in the country) as well as win 52 titles, that impressive. Something to be proud of.
You need to lighten up and recognize 'tongue in cheek" statements when they are made. BTW, my youngest son made the winning putt in 2003 to lead CLEMSON to the NCAA national championship at KARSTEN CREEK -- that's right, your home course. So I do know more about and value these championships than you realize...

Reactions: Bubbaloo

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I know that has to stick in your craw. I feel for you. The best way to get over something like that is to win another championship. Forget the past - work on the future.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bro, welcome, but...

... you're literally arguing about a decision that was made more than a decade ago. I know it was your lone 'brush with greatness' but let it go.

And don't be upset when most people couldn't care less about National Championships not awarded in football or basketball - that's all most people really care about (hence attendance and profitability).

Again, welcome, but dang.

• Thank You
Reactions: BearFoot

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
You need to lighten up and recognize 'tongue in cheek" statements when they are made. BTW, my youngest son made the winning putt in 2003 to lead CLEMSON to the NCAA national championship at KARSTEN CREEK -- that's right, your home course. So I do know more about and value these championships than you realize...
That's awesome man. Really cool IMO! I love Karsten Creek... have played it a few times (once with Les Miles, once with Bill Self and once with Sean Sutton). Can't afford to shell out the $500 a round now, lol.

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
Bro, welcome, but...

... you're literally arguing about a decision that was made more than a decade ago. I know it was your lone 'brush with greatness' but let it go.

And don't be upset when most people couldn't care less about National Championships not awarded in football or basketball - that's all most people really care about (hence attendance and profitability).

Again, welcome, but dang.
Again, I came in when someone asked about what OU fans called OSU fans. That's why I chimed in.

Last edited by a moderator:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Huh? I posted in response to what "OU fans called OSU fans"
You mean because they call y’all the “crazy paddle people”.

". I explained we don't care what OU fans say, OSU is the more dominate overall athletics program.
Wait…. Are you talking about Olympic sports or major American sports. Because I’m pretty sure OU has been far more dominant at the latter.

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
You mean because they call y’all the “crazy paddle people”.

You mean the 40-50 college students who stand on the first row with paddles? Yea, that represents the entire fan base. :rolleyes:

Wait…. Are you talking about Olympic sports or major American sports. Because I’m pretty sure OU has been far more dominant at the latter.
OSU has 20 more NCAA titles than OU. Only sport OU has bested OU in is football. That's it. Mens hoops? OSU has won more NCAA titles (2 to OU's zero), had more Final Fours, Big XII titles, etc, etc. Baseball, OSU has a FAR more dominate program. Womens basketball has been even the past several years, with OSU now better. OU has a better softball program, but OSU has made it to the last WCWS with them in OKC.

Again, OU has football and even with that... OSU is 2nd in the Big XII in all-time wins and 10th in the nation in total wins the past 13-15 years.

You think OU and you only see FOOTBALL. OSU is an *OVERALL* better athletic program. Period.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
It or something like it was bound to happen; the NCAA is slowly descending to crush depth and, well, money.
I don’t care one way or the other - I’ll die a Bama fan but the changes that are underway will eventually render CFB just like the NFL. Change is inevitable but it ain’t always good; one just learns to adapt.
But I guess it could be worse - it could have been FSU and Miami. 😏

TishomingoRyno

Sep 28, 2021
You could have just stopped there and come off better. But adding the other parts looks like sour grapes.
Being honest, that still stings. We aren't Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State. It's taken YEARS to come away from the 'near' death penalty OSU got in 1989. We were gawd awful from 1989 to the Les Miles years. Slowly building it back. That season, all the pieces were in place... extremely dominate offense and a defense good enough to win.

So it stings. A lot. If we had years like Alabama, we would be able to forget it.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.