Game Thread: Syracuse vs Clemson (ESPN)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I dont get it when a 3-3 team has a chance to try to win a game they settle for a FG to tie....shows the HC lacks the courage to try to win. 2 games in a row for Clepson to win by a FG....with their talent this should be a major story.
A 48 yard kick vs a running back that has over 150 yards being challenged to get 1 yard.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I know we have seen some drop off from last year’s version of Bama compared to this year’s team; but what’s going on at Clemson this year is inexcusable and I think it’s indicative of things to come for that program. Sure they have recruited and won at high levels the last 7-8 years, they have gotten a pass by being in a bad conference…. Clemson does have highly ranked recruiting classes year in and year out; their recruiting appears to be uneven. I heard a stat the other day that they have only had 5 offensive linemen drafted under Dabo… that is very telling to me…. They have been bailed out by 2 generational quarterbacks and very good defensive line play…and a weak conference. I am really interested to see how things play out for that program over the next few years.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know we have seen some drop off from last year’s version of Bama compared to this year’s team; but what’s going on at Clemson this year is inexcusable and I think it’s indicative of things to come for that program. Sure they have recruited and won at high levels the last 7-8 years, they have gotten a pass by being in a bad conference…. Clemson does have highly ranked recruiting classes year in and year out; their recruiting appears to be uneven. I heard a stat the other day that they have only had 5 offensive linemen drafted under Dabo… that is very telling to me…. They have been bailed out by 2 generational quarterbacks and very good defensive line play…and a weak conference. I am really interested to see how things play out for that program over the next few years.
Its why its weird that we have numerous people in the Alabama fanbase that wants him to succeed Saban. The guy literally is the Dennis Erickson of national championship winning coaches. Sure he has won 2 but it took a lot of craziness to do it, and some zebra luck as well. Dabo has done well, but lets be honest he has been blessed with two great college football quarterbacks and one of the best defensive lines in college football history to win those two. Even with those things going for him he has still found himself in shootouts against bad ACC teams.

If Dabo were to take the LSU job then he would instantly be compared to Oeaux in the wins and losses department.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Typical case of recruiting by stars and not by need. if you go back to look at his recruiting classes, you can see that the back halves of most are pretty weak.

Reactions: seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Typical case of recruiting by stars and not by need. if you go back to look at his recruiting classes, you can see that the back halves of most are pretty weak.
Yeah and it’s why I don’t get why every year everyone is so high on Georgia and Clemson. Both have out of this world recruiting but when you get to the season they are hanging by a thread about to fold. Kirby Atleast understands that there are such things as “busts” in the process and you have to go outside to get help.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Its why its weird that we have numerous people in the Alabama fanbase that wants him to succeed Saban. The guy literally is the Dennis Erickson of national championship winning coaches. Sure he has won 2 but it took a lot of craziness to do it, and some zebra luck as well. Dabo has done well, but lets be honest he has been blessed with two great college football quarterbacks and one of the best defensive lines in college football history to win those two. Even with those things going for him he has still found himself in shootouts against bad ACC teams.

If Dabo were to take the LSU job then he would instantly be compared to Oeaux in the wins and losses department.
The Dennis Erickson comparison is spot on. He won two titles as well; 1989 and 1991. Was cruising to a third and got hammered by us in the Sugar Bowl and then faded out. To his credit, he did later take Oregon State to the Fiesta Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.