Agiye Hall tweets "calling it quits" then deletes tweet.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Time stamp on the tweet is 7:42PM. So unless there’s some weirdness with how Twitter assigns time zones to the time stamps (I’ve never had a Twitter account), he tweeted during the game. Either he was sitting at home, not on the travel squad, or he tweeted from the sideline.

Do players even have phones on the sideline?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Time stamp on the tweet is 7:42PM. So unless there’s some weirdness with how Twitter assigns time zones to the time stamps (I’ve never had a Twitter account), he tweeted during the game. Either he was sitting at home, not on the travel squad, or he tweeted from the sideline.

Do players even have phones on the sideline?
Pretty sure it is a NCAA and SEC rule that phones are not allowed.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Does anyone know if he was at the game?
Saw this coming, and either it’s a come to Jesus meeting time or hit the road jack.
Sorry to see it happen because he is an immense talent but being a freshman you either have to out practice everyone ahead of you or wait your turn.
Hope he gets his head right but if not, NEXT!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He has a lot of ability, but he’s missing something or he definitely would’ve cracked the lineup with the play of the receivers this year.

Straighten up, work hard and you’ll get out there.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
He has a lot of ability, but he’s missing something or he definitely would’ve cracked the lineup with the play of the receivers this year.

I hope he gets his act together. I think his issues are off the field... missing class, late to meetings, etc.

• Thank You
Reactions: REDSEA

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017

The play of the receivers is probably why he's becoming impatient. We all saw him at A-day and it must be tough sitting on the sidelines watching the receivers on the field drop balls and just play with a lack of focus. However, it really sounds like his problems might be more of the off the field variety...classes or something.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Patience is a dying attribute among college athletes - the transfer portal created this and we see the effect every week...transfers on every team...Ford is running very well for Cincy as just one example of a bama player moving on. It would not surprise me to see him leave. He is probably having his head filled with nonsense from people in his life about what should be his playing time vs working hard and being patient to get it. Sad but a staple now in the game thanks to the change in rules.

• Thank You
Reactions: DogPatch

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Talk to najee, he had thoughts of leaving early but his good sense won out. Now he starts for the Steelers after being a first round pick with a few mill in the bank. Patience and hard work will be rewarded.
Najee couldn’t pick up the blitzer well as a freshman, didn’t see the field much. He is rock solid at it now, just ask Big Ben! It’s the little things , maybe downfield blocking on run plays??? But something, he is super talented!

Our last 2 Big Time recruits that left the program, it didn’t end well for them at their next location. Not sure either one is still in football.grass is not always greener.

Reactions: NCRollTider

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let's not be harsh here. I can't believe I have to say this. Tua, Najee, and others were frustrated at Alabama and wanted to leave. This is nothing new, but people, come on! Let's not be too harsh to young kids with immaturity issues. We need to do better as a fan when it come to stuff like this.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Situations like this remind me of the episode of “The Andy Griffith Show” where Opie befriends a hobo (played by Buddy Ebson) who leads Opie down a primrose path.

Andy states that with children, a parent can't simply let them choose, as they would pick the first thing that comes along wrapped in shiny ribbons. He continues in saying that the hobo life seems to be all fun and games to a child even though they know it's isn’t. Andy tells the Buddy Ebson character he's no longer good company for Opie. Opie thinks just about everything you do is “the best way”, so Andy’s problems have just started.

Coaches in situations like this assume the parental role for these kids. And like Opie they are all kinds of people that “have their ear” and social media only makes it worse. Hard for kids to listen to “Trust me. There are no short cuts”.

Best to young Mr. Hall, whatever he may decide.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Let's not be harsh here. I can't believe I have to say this. Tua, Najee, and others were frustrated at Alabama and wanted to leave. This is nothing new, but people, come on! Let's not be too harsh to young kids with immaturity issues. We need to do better as a fan when it come to stuff like this.
I agree, I’m a little surprised at some of the reactions!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.