2022 Recruiting: Who are the 2022 Recruiting Targets?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Last edited:

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Some quick questions for Jam, sanjose and birminghambama.
1. what wide receivers end up in this class?
2. do we hold on to Jake Pope and Oatis?
3. do we sign any day 1 starters on the o-line or d-line?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
1. Prentice ( commit) Anderson. outside shot of Stewart and Shazz.

2. Yes and definitely yes ( big need) .

3. Hard to say. It depends what shape and condition and needs are involved. Tyler Brooker is a possibility for OL.

RiverTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 31, 2019
1. Prentice ( commit) Anderson. outside shot of Stewart and Shazz.

2. Yes and definitely yes ( big need) .

3. Hard to say. It depends what shape and condition and needs are involved. Tyler Brooker is a possibility for OL.
In regards to the WRs, I assume that we expect Barion Brown to Kentucky?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
As of now, he is trending to UK. Bama continues to recruit him but not as heavily as before. There are rumblings about some off the field issues emerging so TIFWIW.
furthermore, he also has indicated he wants to see early playing time and with the current UK roster they can certainly provide that for him. Make no mistake, he's elite and would be a prize catch for any program.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
1. TBD...if I had to guess today....I'd go Prentice, Shazz Preston, Aaron Anderson, and Kendrick Law....but that is just a guess because there is a long way to go. Barion Brown was a sure fire pick to be Bama's class just a week or so ago now he isn't being pursued by Bama. Things can change quickly in recruiting. Bama is still in for Evan Stewart, and is turning up the heat on Chris Marshall. We shall see....
2. Most definitely...not a whole lot of concern on either front right now
3. Tough to say....you never know if a kid is a Day 1 starter until he is on campus. No way you could have told anyone that JC Latham or Tommy Brockermeyer wouldn't be starting on our O line last year...

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: RiverTide

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Yes as of right now...he won't be in Bama's class. The staff has turned their attention elsewhere. Talented kid, but there are some off the field things that Bama is concerned about with him. Decided to focus on other top targets. Hope it works out for him because he is a top WR in this class. Hope he has a story similar to Zac Evans...and how he has turned things around at TCU after having schools stop recruiting him.

• Thank You
Reactions: RiverTide

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
1. TBD...if I had to guess today....I'd go Prentice, Shazz Preston, Aaron Anderson, and Kendrick Law....but that is just a guess because there is a long way to go. Baron Brown was a sure fire pick to be Bama's class just a week or so ago now he isn't being pursued by Bama. Things can change quickly in recruiting. Bama is still in for Evan Stewart, and us turning up the heat on Chris Marshall. We shall see....
3. Tough to say....you never know if a kid is a Day 1 starter until he is on campus. No way you could have told anyone that JC Latham or Tommy Brockermeyer wouldn't be starting on our O line last year...
I am puzzled about Brockermeyer and Latham as well.......... I figured someone would have lost their job to them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I am puzzled about Brockermeyer and Latham as well.......... I figured someone would have lost their job to them.
Haven`t I read somewhere that O and D line ( particularly O ) are the most difficult to accurately evaluate? That, and while football is a team game, it`s particularly so on the O line.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think you also have to take 2020 with a "grain of salt" due to Covid. You had high schools cancelling seasons, playing limited schedules, players opting out, limiting travel, etc.. All of those things could have played a role in player development and evaluation.

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
1. TBD...if I had to guess today....I'd go Prentice, Shazz Preston, Aaron Anderson, and Kendrick Law....but that is just a guess because there is a long way to go. Baron Brown was a sure fire pick to be Bama's class just a week or so ago now he isn't being pursued by Bama. Things can change quickly in recruiting. Bama is still in for Evan Stewart, and us turning up the heat on Chris Marshall. We shall see....
Would you say Latham and Brockermeyer have less potential than we thought or just that they weren't ready as freshmen?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Would you say Latham and Brockermeyer have less potential than we thought or just that they weren't ready as freshmen?
lol no we have been extremely spoiled with guys being able to play day 1 that isnt the rule or means they are less talented than we believe.JC hasn't played football his whole life Tommy needed to add strength after being out his junior year. this goes for all players on our team btw.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Yes as of right now...he won't be in Bama's class. The staff has turned their attention elsewhere. Talented kid, but there are some off the field things that Bama is concerned about with him. Decided to focus on other top targets. Hope it works out for him because he is a top WR in this class. Hope he has a story similar to Zac Evans...and how he has turned things around at TCU after having schools stop recruiting him.
yeah off the field issues the kid is extremely talented. We are in a dead heat for Stewart and Marshall. also guys with staffs getting canned and all the things that change during the year, is why class predictions are pointless. Recruiting is so fluid its ridiculous

Reactions: TiderJack

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Just for giggles, I see that Zach rice commits today. I thought at one time we were in play, but it is not to be. I'm thinking ND or UVA.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As of now, he is trending to UK. Bama continues to recruit him but not as heavily as before. There are rumblings about some off the field issues emerging so TIFWIW.
furthermore, he also has indicated he wants to see early playing time and with the current UK roster they can certainly provide that for him. Make no mistake, he's elite and would be a prize catch for any program.
He just got a CB to UK from Hank South so that is a pretty good indicator. Guessing with Anderson's decommit from LSWho and Marshall emerging along with Shazz and Stewart we moved on. He is a very good looking prospect as you say SJC and if character is an issue we should move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.