Heisman thoughts

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I would hate for it to happen but if a 200 lb Corral continues to run as reckless (for his body) as he did against TN; I think he will be injured. He is a warrior but I don't think his body will hold up if he gets the right lick from a LB or DT while continuing to run.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It’s a wide open race this year as I see it, which means the winner will likely be determined from Nov 27-Dec 4 and not before that time. IF we can pull out a victory at JHS then BY is going to have the best platform available to any of the candidates to sway the voters in Atlanta.

Reactions: twofbyc

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
With Bryce showing some wheels, it takes some umph away from Corral and his ability to run to voters

Bryce doesn’t have to run much. Just enough to show he has the skill.

which he has done.

if he ends the season with 300 yards and a half dozen running TDs he likely will win it.
I think you are missing a zero in the yards. :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He should but he won't.
I tend to agree. But we are in a time of “bucking the trend”. And if there is a movement that surfaces, momentum could get him to NYC

it would take someone prominent to pitch the idea. A Herbstreit, or Rece, or a Coach of high regard. Maybe someone that lives near a lake near Tuscaloosa. ;)

Reactions: Toddrn

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I've thought for a long time the Heisman is just a vote for the most popular player on one of the most popular teams. It's just a very distracting BMOC award. I'm glad we finally won some Heismans, but I'd rather we focus and win football games.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I've thought for a long time the Heisman is just a vote for the most popular player on one of the most popular teams. It's just a very distracting BMOC award. I'm glad we finally won some Heismans, but I'd rather we focus and win football games.
I have a difficult time understanding why the Heisman causes such stress among fans of the undeniably top program in college football over the past decade-plus. I'd gladly trade my team's two most recent Heismans for just one of the championships the Tide has claimed in recent years.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
…I'm glad we finally won some Heismans, but I'd rather we focus and win football games.
I used to feel that way but no longer do, for two reasons:
  1. Of the 14 Saban-coached seasons through 2020, we’ve been in contention for a national championship going into December in all but four: 2007, 2010, 2013, 2019. Of the six seasons in which we’ve had a top three Heisman finisher (2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020), only one of those (2013) overlaps with the first list, and even then we only missed out because of an unflagged ineligible receiver downfield followed by a kick six. So there’s no apparent tradeoff between winning (by Alabama’s lofty standard) and individual accolade.
  2. As long as they award this most overhyped of trophies, I want our guys to win it…

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I used to feel that way but no longer do, for two reasons:
  1. Of the 14 Saban-coached seasons through 2020, we’ve been in contention for a national championship going into December in all but four: 2007, 2010, 2013, 2019. Of the six seasons in which we’ve had a top three Heisman finisher (2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020), only one of those (2013) overlaps with the first list, and even then we only missed out because of an unflagged ineligible receiver downfield followed by a kick six. So there’s no apparent tradeoff between winning (by Alabama’s lofty standard) and individual accolade.
  2. As long as they award this most overhyped of trophies, I want our guys to win it…
Very well said.

I'll admit that before we had a winner, I downplayed it because of that fact. Once we broke through, well it was like Wavy Lays potato chips. And as you say, us having a Heisman winner/contender strongly correlates with championships.

Reactions: TiderJack and Con

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I tend to agree. But we are in a time of “bucking the trend”. And if there is a movement that surfaces, momentum could get him to NYC

it would take someone prominent to pitch the idea. A Herbstreit, or Rece, or a Coach of high regard. Maybe someone that lives near a lake near Tuscaloosa. ;)
Maybe every time he makes a great play he should do the Heisman pose.

• Haha
Reactions: seebell

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
2 things that I think will really help Bryce's case from here on out is

1. The emergence of Metchie. With Metchie playing so much better should help his numbers a ton, especially his efficiency

2. The fact he has started to run. That will give him more gaudy numbers and flashy plays

Reactions: Con

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I have a difficult time understanding why the Heisman causes such stress among fans of the undeniably top program in college football over the past decade-plus. I'd gladly trade my team's two most recent Heismans for just one of the championships the Tide has claimed in recent years.
It’s really nice of you to offer…..but no thanks. I’m happy with the 6 National Championships and 3 Heismans that Coach has brought us since he’s been here.

Reactions: seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.