Question: What is this team’s biggest obstacle to winning a National Championship?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They just need to lose once, and we just need to win out. If the West division is on the line when we travel there, Katy bar the door. If we have already clenched the West, we will win.

If both of us are out of the running, again, Katy bar the door. They do best against us when they have more than pride to play for. If they are only playing for pride, they'll lay down and die after 3 quarters or so.

I am not sold that they beat Ole Miss or Texas A&M.

Also, I agree Nix is the wildcard. But he didn't have a great game against us in 2019. Pretty mediocre, actually, But he made a couple of insane plays, which were more dependent upon our defense screwing up. Yes.. I realize what I am saying as it pertains to this year's defense. The difference for us is that Bryce Young will have a full season under his belt by then, and has played very well in some tough environments already. Mac was still learning the ropes, and taking over for an injured Tua.
the barn has a pretty tough stretch of games going into the arn bowl. south carolina is the only patsy

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Here is the crux of the matter from the bossman himself this morning:

-- Talking about the mindset of players, Saban they are impacted “way more” than he’d like by outside noise like what’s written about them in the press. “Because these guys, everybody’s always on their phone,” Saban said, drawing a few chuckles. “You walk around campus, it’s not just the players, it’s everybody. People running into trees because they’re looking at their phone. And you start to believe what you read, and sometimes, that’s not really the reality, especially when you’re in a competition.”

-- Bryce Young is not among the young players who fell into that. “He’s one of those guys that’s focused on the right stuff,” Saban said. “He understands that his value is created by performance, and he’s focused on his performance. And players should come to Alabama to want to win a championship and create value for themselves. And the smart ones know that they create value for themselves by how they perform and that none of those things really should be a factor relative to all that.”

Reactions: TideEngineer08

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
At this point, we're a 2- or 3-loss team IF the issues aren't fixed. Thus far, we've been fortunate other than the Aggie game, and even that night we were kinda fortunate to have it in our hands near the end.
I keep telling people the same thing. I don’t think we’re gonna beat the Barn, not in that voodoo stadium.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
To answer the thread’s question and I really hate to say it. Possibly a barking Dawg with fleas.

Here’s hoping that target on their backs adversely affects those Dawgs. I think it will be great playing them while we are underdogs.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Based solely on what I have seen so far this season, we will not beat Georgia. That assumes we beat Auburn and make it to Atlanta. This obviously could change over the next month. There is an outside chance TAMU could sneak into the SECC Game, they would have the tie breaker over us, but they still have Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU on their schedule.

Reactions: Tide&True

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It’s no secret. It’s been said. ALABAMA is the only reason ALABAMA may not win the title. And that’s not an indictment on coaches or players. It’s just that most years , even with roster turnover, we have a few upper class leaders still on the team , this team is all young except positions that are not normally leadership positions. Losing Chris Allen was HUGE to the defense.

Last edited:

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Based solely on what I have seen so far this season, we will not beat Georgia. That assumes we beat Auburn and make it to Atlanta. This obviously could change over the next month. There is an outside chance TAMU could sneak into the SECC Game, they would have the tie breaker over us, but they still have Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU on their schedule.
This is how I feel as well. I do not see us getting past Georgia if we make it to the SECC Game. The only thing that changes my view is if we show a remarkable improvement on defense in the remaining games.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Biggest problem: Two players – guess which ones -- are making us look better than we are.

Last edited:

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
I keep telling people the same thing. I don’t think we’re gonna beat the Barn, not in that voodoo stadium.
Auburn had to miracle their way to a victory over Georgia State. Bama is more than good enough to beat the Barn, but they need to score enough points to keep the officials and the magic pixie dust from being a factor.

Reactions: BloodyTusk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.