Ahmaud Arbery Murder Trial

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I’m watching the prosecution closing argument now, she is doing a good job.

I thought we might use a seperate thread for this one.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Oh, dear...

"Turning Ahmaud Arbery into a victim after the choices that he made does not reflect the reality of what brought Ahmaud Arbery to Satilla Shores in his khaki shorts with no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails," Hogue told jurors.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Oh, dear...

"Turning Ahmaud Arbery into a victim after the choices that he made does not reflect the reality of what brought Ahmaud Arbery to Satilla Shores in his khaki shorts with no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails," Hogue told jurors.
The speculation is that Hogue had one or two specific jurors in mind she was playing to, and was going for a hung jury.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If this "self defense" case ends with the same verdict as the last one, God help us all.

The protest that will erupt and the then all the Rittenhousers that will show up to shoot those protesters in "self defense."
I used to laugh at right wing friends who, a year ago, were convinced we were going to have an all out civil war. After Jan.6th and all the rest, I’m starting to wonder.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
If this "self defense" case ends with the same verdict as the last one, God help us all.

The protest that will erupt and the then all the Rittenhousers that will show up to shoot those protesters in "self defense."
The state has a very solid case here. Think the best the defense can hope for is a hung jury, and the state will certainly try this one again.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I know there's a lot of comparisons between this case and rittenhouse but there shouldn't be. It's like comparing apples to volkswagons.

When the DA only needs show the evidence vs "convincing" the jury, you have a strong case. This case was on steroids.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Especially when you’re drowning. I’ve seen no such nonsense from this prosecutor as we did in the KR trial.
Prosecutor in the Rittenhouse case was given very little to work with so it was just a series of Hail Mary's in order to find something he could gin up into a case.

Prosecutor in this one has no such issues. Add in that the defense attorneys can't put their feet in their mouths when they need to and this is as close to a slam dunk as you can get.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.